Part Five

"It has been a while, Miranda. Tell me, what is going on in your life?" I suggested with a smile on my face while looking out the large windows of her office. I could see both Prentiss and Jareau coming in the direction of the chief's office. It was slightly funny, they kept spinning in circles trying to understand the hospital's signs of which direction they wanted to take. Miranda caught onto the women I was looking at through the office windows.

"Arizona, who are those two women you seem to can't take your eyes off of?" She asked, her concern only growing. She began to adjust the items on her desks, glancing at me for an answer.

I sighed, "Coworkers..."

"Uh-huh," Miranda dragged out, clearly not believing me. "They are looking for you, aren't they?"

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. "You are really good ... at my job." Miranda laughed, and I laughed with her. "I am basically on a work vacation, I can't do my job. The only thing I get to do for this case is stay in a hotel room or be watched and accompanied by the brunette woman."

"And who is the blonde? Her backup?"

"I do not know exactly why she is here, but she is. And she is also on Arizona watch," I chuckled.

"Well it looks like they are coming to my office," she said before gesturing to the two women, looking in the room, that they may enter. When the door opened, Miranda stood up and extended her hand out to Emily before Jennifer. "Hello, I am Dr. Miranda Bailey, Chief of Surgery of this hospital." She greeted them.

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Bailey, I am Agent Emily Prentiss and this is Agent Jennifer Jareau. We are fri-" Emily paused, knowing she made the mistake of presuming a friendship. I looked at her, with a questioning look. She then corrected herself. "W-We are coworkers of Agent Geller." Miranda caught onto the awkwardness between Emily and I, and Jennifer. "Nice to meet you as well," she smiled.

"Uh, you must be the friend Agent Geller mentioned." Jennifer said with a smile, "Surgery... very interesting."

"Yes, yes it is. Unpredictable as well, a mixture of fun and fear." Miranda responded. We all stayed silent for a moment, very awkward if you ask me. Miranda kept looking at me and then my coworkers several times, maybe I should say something?  "Well, this has been fun-" I say, dragging each word out. "It was really nice seeing you, Dr. Bailey."

"Bailey..?" Miranda questioned in a mumble, which was heard by the two women. I began to walk to the door before Miranda spoke, "You should come by for dinner. I am sure you want to see Tuck, he is a big kid nowadays." She paused for a moment to let me respond, except I only glared at her. "I really would like to have you over for dinner, ... and you two ladies are welcome as well."

"Bailey, we really have to get going.." I said trying to make an excuse to not be this close to what is my past. Not that I would not want to have dinner, but I don't want any part of my past to come into a conversation heard by Prentiss or Jareau. Emily checked her watch, glancing at Jennifer who nodded her head, "Actually we have the time."

"Great, Arizona, I will text you the address but wait for me to let you know when I get out of here.." Miranda smiled, looking at Prentiss and Jareau. Then she smiled at me. Something was going on, she just could not figure out what at the moment. "Or, you can stay in the hospital and we can leave at the same time. The attending lounge is open for you, or you can stay in my office. Just make sure to come by for dinner, please." 

"Yeah, it is not like I can run. The three of us came in one vehicle.." I said, in what was meant to be a joking manner but Miranda knew I would have left if I could. "Um, quick question."

"Sure," Miranda said.

"Is Addison here? I mean, does she still work here?"

"She works at her own practice, but she will be having dinner with us."

"You are going to call her when I take a step out of this office, aren't you?" I laughed, rubbing the palms of my hands on the sides of my jeans. "No one wants to miss the show, it only comes on once every few years."

Again, another moment of silence.

This isn't awkward at all. This time I just walked out of the office, leaving JJ and Emily with Miranda. I waited a moment outside the door, then I began to walk away. Maybe if I find a kid with the flu then I can be out of this dinner. Of course, I am joking. I am the funniest person that has walked the earth. I know I am not, and I don't care to be.

I walk into the elevator. Not pressing a button, just letting the doors close and go to whichever floor someone requests. I just stand there, not looking at those who say hello to me.

I wish I could just be in this moving box forever, with food.

My phone began to ring, it was Addison Montgomery.

AG: You heard the news.

AM: Hello to you too.

AG: Hi, how are you?

AM: I am better now that I hear your voice, after all these years

AG: I am sorry, Addy. I have just been ...

AM: I understand, I always do.

AG: ...

AM: Did you get my email? I am not sure if you did, since you didn't respond...

AG: Y-Yeah, I did.

AM: Can I expect you?

AG: Wait, why are we speaking about this on the phone? Are you coming to dinner?

AM: I am but, come on, I just wanted to talk.

AG: We can talk later, I have to go...

I hang up the call and place my phone in my pocket. When the elevator doors open, Addison is standing there. She enters the elevator and stands directly in front of me. "You are going to need to share that Uber's number." I attempt to joke.

"You hung up the phone on me."

"Sorry."

"YOU hung up on ME."

"That is how one ends a call..."

"Okay, but not with me." She sighs and takes my hand as she leads me out of the elevator. "I prefer an I love you, or kiss my ass." She says with a laugh before we enter the attending' lounge, where both Prentiss and JJ are.