Part 7

The following night, the Queen would announce your and Alistair's engagement to everybody. You were sat next to Alistair and across from Tony, who kept looking at you the whole evening, while you avoided looking at him. On the other hand, you returned Rose's glares she sent your way.

When the Queen stood up, gaining attention of everybody in the room, you took a deep breath, preparing yourself for the news.

"I wish to announce beautiful news tonight." You focused on her voice, even though your heart was beating so fast in your chest and you could hear a beeping sound in your ears. Your palms were getting sweaty and you took a napkin to clean them. Alistair noticed how your hands were shaking out of the corner of his eye. When you placed the napkin back on the table and hid your hands under the table again, he reacted. Your heart skipped a beat when his strong hand found yours under the table and he intertwined your fingers with his. You looked at him, lips parting in surprise but he shot you a smile.

"Don't panic." He leaned over to whisper in your ear and you felt shivers spread all over your body.

You nodded your head and focused back on what the Queen was saying.

"... I am happy to announce my youngest son, Prince Alistair will marry the Duchess Y/N!"She said.

As soon as she said it, you could hear whispers spread through the room. Everyone was talking about you. Your body was consumed in a hot feeling again, and you found yourself panicking again. When you wanted to get up from your chair and leave the room, you felt Alistair's hand on your thigh, stopping you.

"It will be alright." He whispered to you.

You leaned back in the chair, straightening your spine and trying to keep your face looking as neutral as possible, since everybody was staring at you and Alistair. Your gaze met Tony's across the table and he nodded at you."I guess congratulations are in order." He raised his glass at the two of you. "To my younger brother and his bride."

The whispers died down and you nodded at Tony before you took your own cup and took a sip of wine.

As the songs started to play again, you breathed out and relaxed now everybody's attention was focused on either food or dancing.

Alistair got up from his chair and lent his hand out to you. You looked up at him with a confused expression."Dance with me?"

You nodded and let him lead you to the middle of the floor, in between the tables. There were other couples all around you, but the only thing you could focus on was Alistair.

His hand was placed on your lower back and you placed yours on his shoulder.

"You seem nervous." He told you in his deep voice.

"How could I not be?" You asked.

"I understand." He said, looking around the two of you. "We should start with plans for the wedding."

"Isn't it too soon?" You asked. "It was only just announced."

"As soon as my brother marries your godawful sister, we will have our own wedding." He answered.

"Why are you in such hurry to-"

"Think about it, Y/N." He said as he twirled you around, only to press your back against the front of his body. You could feel his arm sliding down your waist and your eyes widened as you looked around the room. You were gaining people's attention. "If my brother doesn't have children, who is the next in line to the throne?"

You looked at him over your shoulder, realization settling in. "You wish to be King."

"It's what I deserve. My brother would be a weak ruler." He said. "Just like our father is."

"Your brother is not even King yet. And how are you sure he won't have children?"

He smirked. "Even if he does, we can still get the throne. And I don't care if I have to use force."

"Alistair, this is treason-"You were interrupted when he turned you to face him again, pressing you closer against his body.

"You would be my Queen." He said, grabbing your jaw and moving his finger over your lower lip. "Think about it. You and me." He saw a moment of hesitation in your eyes and it was enough for him to continue. He knew he could get you to help him in his plans. "I need a strong Queen by my side. One who is not a poor submissive like your sister is, nodding her head at every decision made for her. I am not my brother. Unlike him, who wants a submissive wife, I want a strong woman. I need a woman who speaks her mind." He lowered his forehead to yours and you closed your eyes. "You and I are meant to be, my darling."

"Alistair... " You breathed out and he lowered his lips to yours, but still didn't go all the way to connecting your lips.

"Just say yes." He pressed. "Say yes and we can rule the world together."

Before you could protest, he pressed his lips to yours and kissed you. His hand was on your waist, squeezing you closer to him, while the other was resting on your jaw.

You kissed him back quickly, your hand resting on the back of his neck, the other on his chest.

The Queen looked over to her son and you, before she looked at your grandmother, who looked just as surprised as she was. The Queen eventually only leaned back in her chair and a smile appeared on her face. Meanwhile, Loki, who witnessed the scene as well, looked rather angry. His hands clenched in fists, but he stopped himself from making a scene. He quietly excused himself from the table and slipped out of the room.

Tony turned his head to look at you and his brother as well. His jaw clenched at the sight and he turned back around, ignoring whatever Rose was talking about.