Part 39

In the morning, you were woken up by the sound of your baby. She was waking up by your side and you opened your eyes, alarmed, and looked at her. You realized she was still there and breathed out before taking her into your arms.

She opened her eyes and you smiled at her, gently rocking her in your arms. The door opened and a maid came in, approaching the bed. You glared at her, your hold on the baby growing tighter. "What do you want?"

"I-I was just wondering if we could take the Princess to-"

"No." You immediately interrupted her. "She stays with me."

"But-"

"Leave us." You ordered, making her stop talking and leave. It was only a few moments later when Tony walked through the door, his gaze focusing on you.

"My love." He approached the bed and placed a kiss on your forehead. "And my other love." He took the baby's hand, placing a small kiss on it while you watched him. "I was told you won't allow the maids to care for the baby."

You looked away from him and looked at your baby. "I can't help it. I want her to be close to me all the time, especially after what happened with our son."

"I know." He rubbed your arm. "They took our son, but I promise you as long as I am alive, nobody will hurt our daughter. Do you trust me?"

"It's not you that I don't trust, Tony."You told him and looked at the maid in the room. "It's just... "

"What?"

"James said there were more of them. I killed him and Alice, but he said there are more of them. What if they come after her?" You looked up at him.

"Is there a maid who you can trust?"He asked and you thought for a moment before nodding your head.

"Yes. Natasha."

"Then she will take care of our daughter. And you must rest now. Mother wants to see you and meet her granddaughter when both of you are rested and feeling better. She feels bad she wasn't here with you last night."

"I... " You bit on your lip and looked down at the baby. "I don't want to talk about last night anymore."

"Fine, we won't." He placed a kiss on your hair. "I should tell the rest of the Council what happened and that we have a daughter-"

"Lillian Maria." You looked up at him, interrupting him. "Lily for short. And Maria after your mother."

He nodded and took the baby from your hands, making her move and open her eyes, looking at her father."She will be honored. Rest now. I will make sure Natasha takes good care of her."

Your gaze followed him as he walked out of the room with the baby. Before you went to sleep, you took a bath, washing away all the remaining blood and any trace of last night. When you woke again, Maria was sat on the bed by your side, gently rocking her granddaughter in her hands, softly whispering to her. She noticed you moved and looked up at you. "Look, your mother is awake." She told the baby, rising from the bed so she could place her in your hands. You couldn't help but look over her, making sure she wasn't hurt. "Did you sleep well, my dear?"

"I did, thank you." You replied and she placed her hand on your shoulder, rubbing it.

"I'm truly sorry I wasn't there last night when you needed me." She said."And for everything that happened."

"It wasn't your fault." You told her, allowing a small smile to appear on your face as you looked at Maria.

"And Tony told me about what my granndaughter's name is. Thank you, Y/N." She said.

The doors opened just then and Tony walked inside, a smile on his face. He quickly approached the bed and kissed you. "Did you rest?"You nodded your head and he took the baby from your hands, looking over her features that looked similar to his.

Even though he had a smile on his face as he talked to the baby, you could still notice something wasn't right. It wasn't until Maria left that you decided to ask him about it.

"It is nothing." He replied, kissing your forehead. "I only have too much work to do now that our daughter is here. And I have to organize the celebration."

You could tell he lied to you. You could see that something else was bothering him, just like Tony could see that you changed after last night. And it wasn't only because you were a mother now.

You decided to not question him about it anymore. Until you saw Loki later that night, just when you were walking to the hall where the celebration was supposed to be held (even though you were still in pain, but you had to endure it). You immediately asked him if he knew what happened and why Tony was acting that way.

"I believe it is because the heads of noble houses in the Council are not happy with the baby being a girl." He said. "They are still pressing him into marrying another and sending you and Lillian off. Either that, or you would have to have a boy."

You stopped in your steps, staring at the doors to the hall in front of you. Then, you looked at your daughter sleeping in your arms, undisturbed by what was happening around her. You thought about turning around and leaving with her. But, when the doors opened, you knew you couldn't do anything about it now. You only clutched her closer to yourself, shielding her from the people surrounding you.