Part 38

"You have to push, Your Grace." You heard the voice of the midwife coming from between your legs, angering you even more and you propped yourself up on your elbows.

"I am pushing, you fuc-"

"Y/N!" The door to the chambers bursted open and your gaze met Tony's as he rushed over to you, kneeling by the bed and placing a kiss on your forehead. "You're alive... you really are alive."

You grabbed his hand before he could touch you and he felt the tight grip you had on him before he looked at you in question. "Don't touch me!"

One of the midwives spoke up. "She wouldn't allow us to touch her. She barely allowed it when we told her she lost too much blood and her, as well as the baby's life, could be in danger."

"What happened?" He asked, noticing the, already dried, blood on your hair and face as you let out another cry."My love."He called and when you turned towards him, he noticed tears in your eyes. "You know that I wouldn't hurt you. Right?" He asked, but was met with no answer from you. "I don't know what they did to you, but I promise you I will find each one of them and kill them. You don't have to worry about anyone hurting you again. At least take my hand and squeeze it, it will be easier for you. Would you?" He smiled when he saw you hesitantly reaching for his hand and he nodded, assuring you everything was alright.

The force you squeezed his hand with when it was time to push took him off guard. He never knew the amount of strength you had, but after tonight he knew not to annoy you ever again.

"I can't... " You breathed out, feeling like nothing was happening. You were pushing in vain. The baby seemed stuck inside your body, and it wasn't even moving.

"Yes, yes you can. You're the strongest person I know, Y/N. After tonight, I am sure you can do anything." He moved your hair off your face and placed a kiss on the clean spot on your forehead, the one side that didn't have blood on it.

"Fuck!" You screamed out when you finally felt the movement and the baby started making its way out, as you squeezed Tony's hand. "Fucking hell, it hurts."You breathed out once you were instructed to stop pushing.

"I know, my love, and I am sorry you have to go through this."

You grit your teeth together as you pushed again and finally felt the baby slipping out of you. The midwife caught it and you breathed out. After pushing for God knows how long, you finally had your baby. Your head fell against the pillow and, despite everything you went through tonight, you laughed. But, it didn't last long. You propped yourself up on your elbows, despite Tony warning you to be careful.

"Why is it not crying?" You asked the midwife, who exchanged a look with the other women in the room. "Tell me before I have your head, you-"Tony squeezed your hand, a warning look in his eyes, despite the fact he was scared as well. "Why is the baby silent? Tell me it is fine."

The midwife brought the small bundle and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Your Grace."

A breath left your lips at her words.

Tony looked at the floor, his mind blank. He had nothing to say.

"Your son didn't survive." She said.

"A son?" You asked and she nodded. "I have a son?" You looked at Tony, who still stared at the floor. "Give me my son!"

"Y/N, perhaps it's not the best decision to-"

You cut Tony off with a glare. "I don't care. He is my son. My baby." You finally allowed your tears to fall."Give me my son!"

You adjusted yourself as the midwife placed the small baby in your hands and you finally looked at him. Despite crying, a small smile appeared on your face. "He is beautiful." A single tear fell on his face and you wiped it off with your finger, leaving a trail of blood behind on his cheek, which you quickly wiped off with the blanket."He looks peaceful, at least."You looked at Tony, who found himself unable to look at the scene.

"You did not receive proper care as soon as you started bleeding, Your Grace. That is probably the reason for this." She said as tears clouded your vision.

"They killed my baby." You whispered out, bringing his small hand to your lips and kissing it. "They took my son from me."

"I'll make them pay." You looked at Tony and your eyebrows furrowed, a pained expression on your face as you felt similar movement in your body.

"Why does it still hurt?" You asked the midwife, who immediately went to check on you and looked up at you after, a shocked look on her face.

"There is another, Your Grace. Another baby." She said, making you look at Tony, fear taking over your body once again.

"No, no... This can't be happening."You grabbed his hand, desperately trying to stop what was happening. "I can't have another dead baby. Do something, Tony!"

"There is a chance the other can be alive, but only if you push on time."

You handed Tony your son and he looked at the baby, who shared his features. Unable to look at his closed eyes, his resting face and his chest that wasn't moving at all, giving no signs of life, Tony handed the baby to another girl in the room before he took the place by your side.

He saw your eyes rolling into the back of your head and your head leaning to one side as you were close to passing out. He grabbed your chin, turning you towards him only to be met with your blurry gaze. "Hey, you can do this. Listen to me. We will make them pay for this together. But now, you must push."

Your body was shutting down after all things you went through only in the span of a couple hours. You didn't even feel pain anymore, you only felt numb and like you were slipping away, their voices distant in your head.

"The baby is alive, but if you don't push it will be at risk!" You heard a single sentence from the multiple things the midwife was telling you and you gathered all of your remaining strength before pushing as hard as you could. The baby slipped out of you and, this time, you heard the loud cry that broke out in the chamber. You let out a laugh before leaning against the pillow as the baby was cleaned. Tears still slipped out of your eyes, but you couldn't possibly care less. Your baby was alive and that was what was important.

"My strong girl." You heard Tony's voice and you turned your head towards him, only to find him taking your hand in his and pressing a kiss to it. "I love you."

You let out a laugh. "I smell and look like shit."

"It doesn't matter to me." He said, placing another kiss on your forehead. "You're the most beautiful woman in the world to me."

You felt one of the servants girl wipe the blood with a cloth from between your legs, then your thighs and the rest of your legs. The other gently took your dress off before cleaning the sweat and blood off your body. While they cleaned you, washed your hair and put you in clean clothes, Tony stayed by your side.

As soon as everything was clean again, the midwife appeared with another blanket in her hold, only you could see the baby moving inside it now, making you smile.

"Congratulations on a healthy Princess." She told you and Tony as she placed the baby in your hands.

Your heart skipped a beat. A girl. A Princess.

You turned towards Tony, expecting to see an unpleased look on his face, but you were met with a grin as he looked at his daughter. You smiled as well and looked at the baby.

You placed a small kiss on her forehead. Despite everything you went through, she survived and then survived the labour. "My little warrior." You whispered to her as her big, brown eyes looked at you.