Part 11

"What happened?" Loki asked once you were left alone. You wiped off the tears from your cheeks, and shook your head. You could barely believe what you saw, hoping it was all only a dream. You didn't know Alistair that well, but still you felt betrayed. Except for Loki, he was the only one that you knew in the court. He was supposed to become your husband in only a few days, but everything took a sharp turn now. You couldn't marry him now, even if the King and Queen ordered it. This was something you would never be able to forget.

"I feel like I'm in a nightmare." You said.

"I'm sorry this happened to you."Loki said, and just then you noticed Tony walking out onto the balcony. You looked back at Loki with a soft smile before you spoke again.

"I'll be right back." You said before you followed Tony outside. When you made your way out to the balcony, you found Tony gripping on the railing as he looked up at the sky, taking deep breaths. "Your Highness?"You asked, letting him know of your presence. "Are you alright?"

"How can I be?" He asked. "I didn't think I'd witness this."

"I know." You whispered out as you approached him.

He glanced at you. "What do you think happened?"

Your lips formed a tight line and you crossed your arms over your chest."I believe they both made a mistake. They were drunk, it is clear. Unfortunately, there is no going back from this mistake."

Tony nodded. "You're leaving?"

"I have nothing to stay for." You said, making Tony look at you. "What about you, Your Highness? You're supposed to inherit the throne soon."

"Yes." He mumbled out, looking at you."I... Well, no one else knows about this, I'm trusting you with this, Lady Y/N. There is this girl... " He trailed off and a smile appeared on his face.

"Is the Prince in love?" You asked when you saw a smile on his face, which made you smile as well. "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."

"Thank you. I was planning on asking my father to marry her now that your sister is... " He trailed off again and glanced at you.

"You should. It's not often Princes are allowed to choose their own partner."

Your talk was interrupted when a young girl that you did not know, but guessed she was in service of the Queen, made her way out. "Your Highness, the King and Queen wants to see you and Lady Y/N."

"What do they want from us?" Tony asked, looking at you, but you looked just as surprised as he was.

When you made your way into their chambers, the King was sat behind his table, rubbing his forehead. He looked worried. The Queen was by the window, looking at the clear night. Alistair and Rose were nowhere to be seen.

"You asked to see us." Tony spoke, making them both look at you.

"We are aware of what happened this night." The King said. "And for all of this, I am sorry, but we will not proceed with the weddings."

You looked down at the floor before nodding.

"How do you feel?" The Queen asked, approaching both you and Tony and placing her hands on your shoulders.

Tony looked at you, expecting you to talk. You avoided the Queen's gaze.

"I... I don't know what to feel. This happened too fast. None of us could see this coming. I want to ask your permission to return home."

The Queen's face changed and she looked back at her husband. "We think you should stay here for now."

"I'm sorry, Your Grace, but I don't see why. I am no longer engaged to Alistair."

"Yes, but my wife and I made a decision." The King stood up. "You and my son, Prince Anthony, are to marry each other."

Your world stopped at that moment. It seemed Tony was the same, your gazes met and he had an angry expression on his face. You tried to focus on the words they just told you, but Tony immediately started arguing with them.

"You can't do this! I deserve to pick my wife!"

"I'm sorry, my son, but this is about your future-"

"I will not marry her!"

The sound of King's hand hitting his wooden table rang out through the chambers and he stood up, angry."I have made my decision! You will marry Lady Y/N and I will not hear any more arguments from any of you!"

You were about to say something, but you were too afraid of the King now. So, you closed your mouth and only looked at the floor while they argued. Your lips refused to move and your words were stuck in your throat, even though you did not agree to marrying him, either.

"Mother, you know that I wanted to ask you to marry another girl."

"I know, my son, but we have to think with our heads, rather than our hearts." She answered, placing her hand on his shoulder and trying to calm him down. "I know you love her, but Lady Y/N is the better option. Your brother has to marry Lady Rose, too. I'm sorry you have to suffer consenquences of their actions, but we have to think about-"

Tony quickly interrupted her, pushing her hand away. "Yes, I know!" He spat before he moved towards the door, slamming them loud. You glanced at the King and Queen before you rushed after Tony.

"Wait, please!" You said. Luckily, the hallway was empty and Tony and you were the only people there. Tony stopped and turned around. You reached him and you could see he was still angry.

"What? What do you have to say?"

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry." You said.

"Really? Are you?" Tony asked, taking a step forward. You could see the fury in his eyes, which made you take a step back. "Because you certainly did not complain! Tell me, Lady Y/N, do you enjoy this?" His hand wrapped around your neck and you could feel him squeezing it as you were pressed against the wall. You could feel your air being cut off.

"Tony." You could barely choke out.

"Remember this, my dear wife. I do not plan on staying loyal to you and I certainly do not plan on making this marriage easy for you." He said through his teeth, while you almost fainted from the lack of air.

"Brother! Let go of her!"You recognized Alistair's voice and he pushed Tony away from you, making him release you. Alistair grabbed you by your waist when you almost slid down on the floor. "Are you alright?"

You looked down the hallway at Tony's figure as he was walking away."I'm fine."You choked out.

"Let me take you to your chambers."He offered, but you shook your head, refusing him.

"I can go by myself."

"Are you sure? What happened? Why did he do that?"

"We'll talk in the morning." You whispered out, since you didn't have your own voice anymore. Your throat was burning from the pain.

Alistair gulped as he watched you."I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry and I still love you."

You looked at him for a few moments, a frown on your face. "We'll talk in the morning." He nodded and let you leave.