Part 43

The following morning, when you walked into the dining room, you couldn't say you were expecting what you saw. You had Annora balanced on your one hip while you were holding Lily's hand, but she stopped walking once she saw the strange man sitting there, right next to Maria. She hid behind your leg as she watched the man, whose gaze landed on her as well.

It was clear you weren't expecting him to be there either. You knew you had to act surprised, or Tony would become suspicious. Lily tugging on your dress snapped you out of your thoughts and you looked down at her.

"Who is that?" She pointed at Alistair and you looked at him, glancing at Tony as well. He was watching you.

Tony could notice you looking at him and he got up from his chair, approaching you. He took Annora from your hands before he bowed his head and placed a kiss on your lips. You didn't expect him and you would've pulled away if he didn't take you by surprise.

"This is your uncle, Lily, sweetheart."He took Lily's hand and led her towards Alistair. "My brother."

"You have a brother?" She asked Tony, who chuckled, saying he does. Meanwhile, Maria looked at you, and you could see tears in her eyes, no doubt because she found out her son is alive.

"My boy is alive, Y/N, can you believe this?"She asked you once she gathered enough strength and you nodded, forcing a smile on your face.

"Y/N, it is good to see you again."Alistair spoke to you.

"You as well, Alistair." You spoke quickly, taking your spot by Tony's side.

"I did not expect you to have children, brother."Alistair said, pinching Lily's cheek lightly, making her giggle. "I thought you and Y/N would've killed each other by now."

"Well, we have two. And a third on the way." Tony said, looking at you, making you move in your place, uncomfortable.

"I didn't know that." Alistair met your gaze across the table as he took Lily in his lap. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." You mumbled out, trying to focus on the food.

"They both look like you." Alistair said to Tony. "Hopefully, the third one will look like Y/N."He joked, making Tony smile as well while he tried to keep Annora's hands off the table.

"As long as he's healthy." Tony replied. You almost scoffed. He. It looked like he already decided the gender of your unborn child.

"Y/N, are you alright?"Maria was the only to notice your discomfort and she put aside her joy for Alistair being alive, genuinely worried for you.

"I am fine." You replied, feeling a cramp in your lower stomach.

"If I may."Lucy cut in, making everybody in the room look at her."She's been in pain since the early morning. And she started bleeding, too."

"Since when is your ex mistress worried about Y/N?"

Tony ignored Alistair's comment, his eyes widening as he turned towards you, only to find you trying to get up from your chair.

"Bleeding?" Maria asked.

"Only light spotting. The healer said we shouldn't be worried, but she must rest."

Tony handed Annora to his mother before he quickly approached your side and wrapped an arm around your waist, helping you stand up."And you've walked all the way here?"

"Don't." You said as you accepted his hand, while Lily looked at you, worried.

"Well, you are not walking all the way back to your chambers." Tony said and you gasped when you felt him pick you up in his arms.