Part 21

Your eyes fluttered open in the morning and you were met by the unfamiliar chambers. You looked around in panic when you realized where you were and what happened. You looked at Tony, who was sleeping peacefully, when there was a knock on the door. He immediately moved closer to you and wrapped a hand around your waist, pulling you closer to his body.

"What do you think you're doing? Get off!" You ordered, trying to move away from Tony, who only held you tighter.

"Pretend you're still sleeping."He whispered in your ear and you closed your eyes just as the door opened.

You could hear footsteps in the chambers and you could feel Tony squeezing your body against his, letting you feel the warmth and the scent of him.

"They're still sleeping."You heard a whisper in the chambers and you pretended you were disturbed by it, opening your eyes and looking at the two maids who were in the chambers."Princess! We woke you up. My apologies."

You blinked, trying to get used to the new title, when Tony yawned, pretending he just woke up as well.

"Good morning, my dear wife."He placed a kiss on the side of your head while the maids shared a look." I hope you slept well."

"Like a baby."You replied and then Tony turned his head to the two maids.

"What are you doing here?"

They quickly bowed, keeping their gazes on the floor. "Our apologies, but the Queen sent us to get the Princess ready for breakfast."

"Oh, joy."Tony mumbled out."The whole family will be there."He looked at the two maids, young girls, who looked terrified of what the Prince will say."What are you two waiting for then? An invitation? Get my wife ready."

"Tony."You warned."Can't you be a bit nicer?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'll wait for you."

As you got up from the bed, you could see the maids were looking for the red spots on the bed. When they saw it, you looked at Tony who nodded at you.

You were done soon and you and Tony made your way to the dining hall together. You were sat next to each other, and on your other side was Wanda, who rubbed her belly as she ate the food that was in front of her. She noticed you watching and gave you a smile."Sorry, I couldn't wait, I was hungry."She said and you smiled.

"There is no need. You're eating for two, after all."You said.

"Three, actually. Vis and I believe they're twins."

You grinned as you talked to her, which the Queen noticed. "Y/N, Anthony. Might we expect a child of your own soon, then?" She asked with a smile on her face.

Tony almost choked on his food, while you froze in place. You turned towards Tony, who looked at his mother and smiled. "Let us hope, mother."

"Y/N, are you not hungry anymore?"Your grandmother quietly asked and you grimaced at the thought of having to carry Tony's child.

"No, not anymore."You said.

"Nonsense, dear wife. You have to eat."Tony noticed Alistair's gaze on you and an evil smirk appeared on his face."You must be tired after last night. You need the energy if we're to conceive a child."

You breathed out, sinking in your chair as your face suddenly felt hot. You glared at Tony, whose glare, instead, was fixated on Alistair, who only glared back at him.

"Dear Gods, I hate this man."You whispered to yourself.

"You have to eat plenty different food now, my dear."The Queen said."My son is right, you need to be healthy to carry the baby."

After some time, the only people who were left in the dining hall were you, Tony and Alistair. You could feel Alistair's gaze on you as you played with your food, completely uninterested in eating it.

"Come on, what did I say? Listen to me and eat your food."Tony nudged you under the table, looking at Alistair out of the corner of his eye. You bit your tongue when you wanted to throw another insult at him.

"Stop pretending, brother. We all know you don't care about Y/N. You were hurting her every chance you got and only a few days earlier, you ordered for a man to kill her."Alistair said and you tensed, watching them glare at each other.

"Are you jealous?"Tony asked.

"Why would I be jealous?"

Tony smirked. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe because it was me fucking her last night, it was my name she was moaning and my bed she shared last night."

Alistair slammed his hand on the table, making you flinch. Tony saw you flinching, so he got up, ready to fight with his brother."You're lying!"

"Am I? Check the bed sheets, that will tell you everything you need to know."Tony said and your lips parted open. You could not believe your ears."Come on, wife. We're leaving."He grabbed you by your elbow and led you out of the room. As soon as you stepped out, you ripped your hand away and glared at Tony.

"You... You're unbelievable! Are you doing all of this only in spite of your brother?" You asked. "You made him think we slept together."

"We're married, it is our duty-"

"Fuck you and your duty."You said, pushing him away."I hate you."

You quickly walked away from him and out into the gardens, hoping to clear your mind.

As the sun began to set, you were on your way from the library and to your... well, Tony's chambers. As you were walking, the Queen's lady in waiting quickly approached you, calling your name and making you stop. "Did something happen?" You asked, seeing the terrified look on her face.

She quickly nodded, her voice barely over a whisper. "The King has died."

Your hand dropped to your side as you looked at her, your mind still trying to process the words. "What?"

"A few hours ago."She continued."You must-"

"Where is Tony?" You interrupted her.

"He's in your chambers, but-"

You quickly left her side and walked down the hall to your chambers, where you found Tony. He was sat on the bed, staring at the wall in front of himself. You quietly closed the door as you bit on the inside of your cheek, wondering what to say.

It was true you hated him, but you knew how he felt now, and you still felt sad for him.

"Tony."You whispered as you sat down on the bed next to him.

"Did they tell you?" He asked and you nodded.

"They did. Just now."You said. Your hand reached over to his and you squeezed it in yours."I'm sorry."

Tony only stared at your hand in his before he turned looked at you, a surprised look on his face. He could feel his heart speeding up, almost racing in his chest, but he did not know why. He allowed you to comfort him during that night, and both of you knew things would be very different when you wake up in the morning.