Part 20

As soon as you opened your eyes the following morning, the maids were immediately there to run you a bath, then put you in the dress you chose with the Queen.

"You look beautiful, my lady."Natasha told you, smiling at you in the mirror.

You didn't say anything. Instead, your mind went to Loki's question and you closed your eyes, letting yourself calm down. The door to your chambers opened and you saw it was your grandmother who walked in.

"My granddaughter!"She said and you got up from your chair as she approached you."You look stunning."

"Thank you, grandmother."You said, forcing a smile on your face.

"Prince Anthony is lucky to have you by his side."She told you quietly."You will be the Queen one day."

You grimaced, which she didn't see.

"Where is your sister, isn't she supposed to help you?" She asked, looking around the room.

"Well, I-"

"I'm here!" Rose opened the door, an enormous smile on her face as she looked at you. "My dear sister."You were surprised when she pulled you into a bone crushing hug, pretending she was happy.

"Rose?" You questioned, confused by what was happening. "What are you-"

"Oh, you and the Prince will be perfect for each other!"She said, pulling away to get another look at you."You look beautiful."

"Thank you?"

"Grandmother!" She then turned to the older woman. "How long are you staying?"

"I will stay until your wedding. We must talk tonight, Rose. You will tell me what was the reason for the King and Queen to engage you and your sister to different men."

Rose looked at you and you raised an eyebrow at her.

"I will go greet the Queen now."Your grandmother said and looked at you once more before she left the room. You were left standing before Rose, who moved to leave as well, when you pulled her back by her arm.

"Don't tell grandmother lies about me."You said quietly, already knowing what Rose will do.

She only smiled and left the room. You breathed out as you turned to the maids.

Hours later, you found yourself in front of the chambers where the ceremony would be held. The doors were closed, but you could hear the voices inside. You knew Tony was already waiting for you inside and you could feel yourself shaking.

"You can do this."Natasha approached you and took your hand in hers.

"I'm afraid."You confessed.

"My lady, believe me when I say you can do this. The Prince is waiting for you."She said.

You nodded and noticed the doors starting to open. Natasha rushed away from you and you gulped as you got a look of the room. You slowly walked down the path that led to the altar. You could see Tony waiting for you. When you looked closer at him, your heart broke. You always knew you would marry out of duty, but this is not even close to what you imagined. You knew this is what your grandmother expected of you, and what your parents would expect if they were alive, but you couldn't help but feel as you disappointed yourself.

Tony offered you his hand and he could see how yours was shaking as you joined it with his, letting him help you walk up the steps. The few ladies that were gathered around the altar helped adjust your dress quickly, while you shared a look with Alistair, who stood by Tony's side. You quickly looked away from him and you felt like you couldn't breathe.