Part 25

Tony was in the throne room when Alistair was brought there, as well, by the guards. He was thrown in front of the throne, all while Tony looked at him.

"You asked to see me."He mumbled out.

"Y/N is in a critical condition."Tony said, making Alistair look up at him, a look of fear crossing over his face.

"What did you do to her?"

"I did what I thought was best."Tony said, making Alistair chuckle.

"I can't believe you. You do realize, if she survives, she will hate you even more?" He asked, making Tony's jaw clench.

"She will survive. All this time, she didn't speak about your plan. So now, you have the chance to say what really happened."Tony said.

Alistair only shook his head."And I actually thought you could care for her. You did this to her, you almost killed her!"

"You two did this to yourselves."Tony said, holding his head high."And she is my wife, not yours. Keep that in mind. I do care for her."

"You can't care about her the way I care about her!"

"What has she done to you for you to blindly follow her? You've got a wife and you will have a child soon. Why do you still lust after my wife?"

"Can I see her?" Alistair looked at Tony. "Please. Only for a minute."

Tony shook his head. "You can't. The healers are treating her. She could die."Saying those words finally made Tony realize what was happening. You could die. And it was his fault. He had you tortured, without even thinking if you could take it. He could not even imagine how alone and scared you felt. The guard told him, when he saw you, your body was almost frozen from the cold.

"I will tell you what happened."Alistair said."This is the truth. But promise me one thing. You will stop questioning Y/N over this and she will be freed. I don't want to see her in the dungeons again."Tony only looked at him."Well?" Alistair asked after a few moments of silence.

"Talk. I will decide about that."Tony said.

"Well, my plan began from the day I was engaged to Y/N. I finally saw a chance to strenghten my claim to the throne with her by my side. I wasn't sure you would have children, so as soon as we got married, I wanted to give her a child."Hearing this made Tony tighten his grip on the throne. His blood started to boil, but he needed to stay calm on the outside. You were his and Alistair couldn't talk about you this way. If you were going to carry anybody's children, it would be his and only his. "I told her of my plan. From the start, she told me it was dangerous, but I didn't listen. After that... well, I guess she forgot about it. I didn't mention it to her. So, there is no way she could've been involved in this. It was my doing."Alistair lied in his brother's face, but he knew if he had to do it again for you, he would do it without a second thought.

"She truly is innocent, then?" Tony asked.

"Yes. Whatever she told you, it was out of anger."Alistair replied."And she might still be angry at you. Don't listen to her. What I just told you is the truth."

"Very well then."Tony said and looked at the guards."Take him back to the dungeons until I decide what to do with him."

The guards immediately listened to his order, while Tony left the throne room and walked to your chambers. When he was about to enter, a maid carried out bloodied covers and Tony's eyes widened, afraid of what waited for him behind the closed door. He was suddenly having trouble breathing, so he undid one button on his shirt to try to get some air. He couldn't wait anymore, he walked into your chambers.