𝒆 𝒑 𝒊 𝒍 𝒐 𝒖 𝒈 𝒆

Two shots were fired, one directly at Bruce's chest and the other directed at the man

Two shots were fired, one directly at Bruce's chest and the other directed at the man. The first bullet bounced off Bruce's armor with a loud clink, followed by a bright spark. A second shot lodged itself into the man's shoulder, but nothing fatal. Before he could fire another one, Bruce kicked the handgun out of his hand.

Jess lowered her gun with a hard stare. "So much for vengeance."

The man on the ground gave a mighty roar before kicking Bruce in the back of his leg. The bat fell to his knee with a loud grunt. The Riddler impersonator got to his feet and ran straight at Jess. Before she could shoot him to end his chaos, he tackled her over the ledge.

"Jess!" Selina screamed.

"No!" Bruce shouted.

Everyone rushed over to the railing to see Jess hanging on by a pole sticking out from the wall. "Hang on kid!" Jim shouted. "We're coming!"

The guy who tackled her was holding onto her legs with a menacing look and a twisted smile on his face. He grabbed a knife from his holster inside his open coat. Horrified, Jess watched the light glint off the blade. "And he shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pits!"

The pole supporting them both began to give out, the bolts in the walls popping out from the cement. This gave Jess enough time to free her leg from his grasp.

"Not if you get there first!" With one good kick in the face, the man holding her legs hostage fell to his doom, slamming into a cop car for extra dramaticism.

But Jess wasn't out of harm's way just yet. The pole was on its last bolt and Jess had no idea how much longer she had before it completely gave out. "We're coming!" Selina shouted.

"I'm slipping!" Jess shouted panicked. Bruce shot his hand out, his grappling hook wrapping around her hand just as the pole gave out. Jess gave a loud cry at the sharp pain that shot up her arm.

"I got you," Bruce grunted as he pulled the cord up. "I got you."

When Jess was close enough, Jim, Selina, and two other officers helped get her back onto the landing.

Selina was the first to hold her close to her chest to help Jess control her frantic breathing. "You're alright."

"Are you okay?" Jim asked with wide eyes.

"I think so," Jess mumbled. She looked at Bruce before giving him a slow nod of her head. His shoulders relaxed ever so slightly.

It wasn't noticeable, but it was to her.

Suddenly, the stadium shook violently as the water from outside crashed inside. The ferocious waves tackled the stage in a desperate attempt to destroy as much as possible.

People ran towards the seats in the arena, climbing up the steps two or even three at a time. Bruce heard the loud crackling of an electric wire dangling above the water.