Chapter 29: The Chase

Chapter 29

The Chase

~West

I turned off the phone and placed it under Keith's pillow. Shiloh had done it. That little sub had done it. He found ranger and now they were mated. He was far braver than most dominants I knew. 

Curling into a ball, I slapped my hands over my eyes and groaned. That part of my life was over. I couldn't have both. I needed to excepted that. My place was with Keith.

Climbing under the covers, I put a pillow over my head and closed my eyes. I was going to miss them, though. 

***

~Ranger

I helped Shiloh into the van and hurried in behind him. Slamming the door, I signaled for the driver to go.

"How far are they ahead of us?" I asked, leaning into the front seat. 

"Twenty minutes or so," answered the driver. 

I sat back in my seat and took my phone out of my pocket. Pressing on Daven's name, I held it to my ear. It kept ringing until it switch to voice mail. I tried again. The same response.

"Ranger?" whispered Shiloh, clutching my hand.

"It's alright Shiloh, we'll find him." 

We were going to get West back.

***

-West

The door flew open and slammed into the wall. I lurched up in bed. Keith stood there staring at me with his teeth gritted. 

"Where is it?"

I rubbed my eyes. "What?"

He shoved me down onto the bed and held me there. "Who did you call, West?"

"No one," I breathed, staring up at him wide eyed. "I didn't call anymore."

"Don't lie to me." He spotted the phone on the nightstand and snatched it. It powered it up and clicked different buttons on the screen. "You called yourself? No, this..." He rubbed his forehead. "We have to go." 

"Where?"

"We going to europe sooner than expected." Grabbing my wrist, he pulled me off the bed and into the hall. 

Werewolves were rushing around in every direction. Keith plowed a path through them all, dragging me along behind them. 

"What's happening?" I asked. "Why do we have to leave."

Keith didn't respond and quickened the pace. We entered a vacant hall and he swung me around. Pressing me up against the wall, he locked eyes with me. 

"Who did you talk too?" he growled.

"I-I thought it was you," I replied. "But it..." I bit my lip.

"Who was it West?" he snapped. "Who did you talk to!"

"Ranger," I gasped. "Ranger and Shiloh, my old packmates." My eyes started to burn. "I told them goodbye. I just wanted to say goodbye properly, and there they're were, on the other end. I didn't tell them about this place. I promise. I just wanted to say goodbye. I didn't mean to cause trouble. Honest, i didn't mean to."