Chapter 30: The Decision

Chapter 30

The Decision

~West

"Baby brother," exclaimed August. "Good to see you again. You were always a clever pup." He licked his fingers and pressed it to the nearly healed wound on his side. 

Ranger marched toward us. "West." He held out his hand to me. "We're leaving."

I looked to where Keith had been standing, but he was gone.

"I think not," said August.

The cock of a gun echoed through the room.

Ranger narrowed his eyes at his brother. "Bullets won't stop me from killing you."

"This one will." August pointed it at Ranger's head. "I stole one for myself after the Bloodhound Canyon attack when I heard you lived. I knew the next time we met, you'd tried to kill me." He laughed. "And I'm no alpha."

"You're too afraid to fight me," he growled.

August shrugged. "I know when I'll lose, even when it's my baby brother."

I backed away from the pair and hit a wall. Running my hands behind me, I grabbed a steel bar. 

"I heard you found that sub too," said August. "He was a cute boy."

Claws emerged from my packmate's fingers. 

"I guess you've mated," he chuckled. "Leave now, and I won't make the kid an omega again."

"Fine." He held out his hand to me. "West, let's go."

I inched toward him, with the crowbar behind my back.

"Oh no." The gun turned to me. "West here, has a flight to catch. He has Keith's mark. Most likely he'll be the daddy to the pack's next alpha." He raised an eyebrow at me. "You may be a pain in the ass, but they're right when they say your bloodline is good."

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I sidestepped behind August with my head bowed.

"See," said August with a smirk. "He doesn't want to go with you, anyways."

"I'm taking West, and we're going home," growled Ranger.

"Leave, or I'm going to blow a hole in you."

Ranger held his ground. "One's not enough to kill me."

"Depends on where I put it," August replied. 

"Exactly." I swung at his head. 

August caught the crowbar midair and jerked it out of my hand. "You little bitch."

Ranger charged and knocked him to the ground. The gun flew out of August's hand. My packmate grabbed his brother by the front of his shirt and drilled his fist into August's face. Covering my mouth, I backed away as blood splattered from the smaller man's nose.  

"Worthless piece of shit." Ranger struck his brother again. 

"Ranger, please," I whispered.

He landed one last punch that sent august's head snapping back against the pavement. Standing, Ranger wiped his hands on his pants. "Let's go."

"Your brother?"

"He'll live."

The wounds were already starting to heal. 

I shook my head. "We have to find Aden."

"No," he stated. "We need to leave now." 

A scream echoed through the factory.