Chapter 4: One of Rogues

Chapter 4

One of Rogues

~Shiloh

I pressed my nose to the window and watched the black cars driving behind us. West was in one. We reached a junction. The van went one way, and the cars went another. I pressed my hand to the glass as they soon disappeared behind the trees. West was gone, and I was all alone now.

I wiped my face and sat down. The men in the front were laughing and listening to the radio. The other vehicle was ahead of us.

“Black Creek Farm,” I whispered. I didn’t understand why that meant anything. West thought it was important, though, so I’d tell Ranger. If I ever saw him again. I laid my head on my knees. West believed in me, but I wasn’t so sure, I’d be able to do it.

The truck swerved on the road, throwing me across the vehicle.

“Knock it off.” The man in the passenger seat hit the driver. “Slow down.”

The driver and the other werewolf laughed.

I laid down in the back and curled into a ball. I wanted to shift. My fur would be warmer than these clothes. At the factory, we were punished when we shifted, and I didn’t know if they had the same rules. Lifting my head, I watched the tree line go by. If I did escape, I could find a traditional pack. It scared me, though. What if they were one of them? They won’t help me back to Ranger.

***

~West

I nibbled on my lip. Shiloh was on his own, there was nothing else I could so for him. I cleared my throat. “Where are you taking me?”

“You’ll see soon enough,” replied the driver.

I bowed my head and rang my hands together. “What are they going to do to me?”

The two chuckled. The one in the passenger seat turned around to face me.

“Don’t worry about it. Your bloodline won you a mate. Congradulations.”

My face went white, and I stared at him. “A mate?”

He nodded. “Don’t try anything. It’s already been decided and running will only get you hurt.”

Sinking into my the seat, I felt sick. This all over again. Some man forcing himself on me, just because my blood could produce a good candidate for a leadership position. I may be a middle rank, but I’ll never be a sub. I didn’t want to be a sub in any way. Sucking in my lips, I folded my arms. I hope he was as considerate as the last one, being forced into this relationship scared the hell out of me.

I stay quiet and fell asleep at one point over the journey. The stop and start of the car woke me. I sat up to see we were driving through a city. We were waiting at a stoplight. Uphead was a large building, and an enormous airplane was descending. My mouth fell open.

“You’re taking me on one of those,” I breathed.

The dominants just chuckled amongst themselves. I may have lived a more civil lifestyle over the last couple years, but I still hadn’t been on a plane.

I rubbed my eyes and ran my hands through my hair to get it to lay down. The car drove into the airport. We parted from the other cars. I wrung my hands together, starting to feel my nerves built.