4: You Can Run Away With Me Anytime You Want

Gerard stood there staring at Frank's door for a few moments, trying to recall the last time he had actually used that entrance instead of Frank's window, which was hidden around back. It had been ages; in fact, it was probably the very day Frank's father had caught them kissing in his room.

When Gerard really thought about it, it was sort of ridiculous that he was terrified to even knock on Frank's front door, and in a perfect world, it wouldn't be that way.

But this wasn't a fairy tale land, and Gerard knew that all too well, but for a short time, he wished that they could at least be seen together without constantly looking over their shoulder for Frank's father.

Gerard wondered what it would be like if Frank had a normal, supportive family, who actually loved him, and welcomed Gerard into their home with open arms. Frank deserved that, and even though Gerard's family had tried to provide Frank with what his own parents couldn't, they were gone now too, and Frank was left with nothing expect for pain from his father and ignorance from his mother.

That was going to change though, and Gerard would make sure of it. Frank would have a proper life with him, including holidays spent with his family, and Gerard would do everything in his power to make sure that Frank got all of the experiences he had missed out on for so long.

Shaking his head to clear it, Gerard quickly strode away, just in case Frank's father happened to look outside for some reason or another, even though it was much too early for him to be awake; he usually slept off his hangover late into the afternoon.

Unlocking the gate which led into Frank's backyard, Gerard snuck around the side of the house, making sure to keep his footsteps light just in case someone did happen to be up and about at this hour.

Once he reached the window, he peered in with eager eyes, desperate for a glimpse of Frank, even though he had just seen him yesterday, it had still been too long in Gerard's opinion.

Frank lay fast asleep on his bed, still wearing the same clothes from last night, and he looked relatively unscathed. At the moment, he was curled into a ball, and Gerard couldn't help the small smile that stretched across his face as he watched Frank's chest rise and fall gently with every breath he took.

Frank looked so beautiful when he slept, like a fallen angel, and Gerard found himself reluctant to wake him, but he had to hear his voice; he wanted to look into his gorgeous eyes and be reassured that everything was going to be okay, because Frank always had the power to do that for him, even though it should be Gerard comforting Frank, and not the other way around, but Gerard needed Frank more than he would ever admit.

Gerard knocked softly on the window pane, but Frank didn't stir at all, and on closer inspection, Gerard noticed that the latch had been left unlocked, so he opened it silently before pulling himself up the small distance and into Frank's room.

Frank still hadn't moved, and Gerard couldn't resist the temptation to snuggle up in bed with him, so he did just that, wrapping his arms around Frank's small frame before pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. Frank's eyes scrunched up at the unexpected contact, and Gerard knew he was finally starting to wake up.

"Good morning sugar," Gerard whispered, keeping his voice low so he wouldn't alert Frank's parents to his presence.

"Go away..." Frank mumbled sleepily, trying to bury his face back in the pillow to block out the morning light that was starting to break through the dark cloud cover.

"But it's time to wake up," Gerard cooed in a teasing voice, earning himself a playful swat on the shoulder from Frank, but he did open his eyes, even if it was only to glare at his boyfriend in mock annoyance.