15: Tell Me How To Keep This So It Never Ends

"Hey Gee, have you checked your phone lately?" Frank asked, causing Gerard to poke his head around the barrier that separated the kitchen from the living room, sending his boyfriend a quizzical look as he stirred the bowl of pancake batter he was clutching in his hands slowly, because breakfast for dinner was one of Frank's favorite meals, and Gerard had decided to make it for him as his way of an apology for last night.

"Um...no, not today I don't think, why?"

"Um...well Mikey just texted me, and apparently he is on his way here, he is already on the train," Frank chuckled weakly.

"What - let me see," Gerard huffed out, setting down the bowl and mixing spoon on the counter before walking to Frank's side, Frank moving over on the couch to make room for Gerard, holding out his phone so Gerard could see the message.

"Hey Frank, I'm on my way back to Jersey, the train has already left, so tell Gee he can't talk me out of it. See you soon."

"What the hell...fucking Mikey," Gerard grumbled, handing Frank back his phone so he could bury his face in his hands as he contemplated his brother's unexpected visit.

It wasn't that Gerard didn't want to see Mikey, because he did, he just didn't want to face the inevitable questions about Frank's condition, or the sad stares he was sure that they would both receive, or the barely disguised pity that would be lacing his brother's voice every time he spoke, not to mention that Mikey probably knew what Gerard had done last night, and Gerard didn't want to face the disappointment that was sure to be written all over his face.

"Aw come on Gee, it will be nice to spend some time with him again," Frank nudged his boyfriend affectionately, trying to get him to sit up and look at him properly.

"I know...it's not that, it's just..."

"Me - I know, you don't want him to talk about me being sick," Frank finished Gerard's thought, and all Gerard could do was nod weakly in response. "Look, I'll text him, tell him not to bring it up unless we do, and it will be fine."

"No...don't do that, he deserves to know more than the shitty explanation I gave him last night, he is your friend too after all," Gerard sighed, standing up wearily so he could go back to the half-done pancakes that were awaiting him in the kitchen.

"Cheer up Gee," Frank pouted, trailing after him determinedly, and Gerard didn't miss the way he faltered slightly when he got up, and even though it was probably nothing, Gerard's mind instantly jumped to one of the symptoms that Frank should begin experiencing soon, which was loss of coordination.

"I'm sorry, I know I will be happy when he gets here, it just caught me by surprise, that's all," Gerard shrugged, because that was really all it was, and he had been meaning to invite Mikey down for ages; he hadn't seen him in almost a month now, so this was a good thing, and Gerard was doing his best to get over his sense of unease about the whole ordeal.

"Okay, well I'm going to go get changed, and then we should probably head down to the station to pick him up," Frank grinned, taking the bowl of batter from Gerard and placing it in the fridge since it was no longer needed.

"I guess I should freshen up too..." Gerard agreed.

"We could shower together, it would save some time," Frank suggested with a cheeky grin on his face, earning himself a playful eye roll from Gerard.

"Bullshit, if we do that, we will be late for sure," Gerard scoffed, placing his arm around Frank's waist lightly when he stumbled walking up the stairs, trying to keep his face neutral so Frank wouldn't catch on to the worried looks he was shooting in his direction.