Relocation

"Please, let me treat you well. Give it a chance, let yourself enjoy a good life."

"I..." I had to think for a while, what would the best choice be? Voice had been so nice to me, so understanding, never getting mad even when I was stubborn. I needed somewhere safe to stay, they were offering everything I'd ever wanted. "Okay, I'll go with you." 

"Great." Voice sounded happy, then slowly stepped out of the shadows to reveal a tall, pale, blue haired human wearing a mask covering their mouth and nose and a cloak. They towered over me, which unnerved me a bit, especially since they stood straight up, as stiff as a soldier. "You can't handle your mission alone, I'll help you."

"Alright, thank you." I wouldn't continue to ask questions about how Voice knew things, they seemed to know anything I tried to hide from others.

"Go ahead and get your things from your house, you can't lose out on your incredible inventions. They don't deserve to take that from you too." Voice put a hand on my shoulder.

"Okay." I nodded, then went back home, sneaking in. No one noticed me for a while, but when Raph looked over at me, he glared at me. "What? What'd I do this time?"

"I told Leo and Mikey about it and they explained to me what you've been doing!" Raph stormed over to him. "You're a manipulative jerk, I'll tell you that! You weren't doing anything important, you came back immediately! You lied to me and pretended to be upset just to mess with me! That's a low blow, Donnie, that's messed up!"

"But I wasn't! I wasn't trying to manipulate you!" I protested.

"Sure, sure, whatever!" Raph shoved me into a wall. "You keep telling yourself that, you just keep pretending to be the good guy, you keep playing the victim! I'm not gonna get myself wrapped up in your drama!" He stormed off, leaving me alone to think about that. It was a good thing I was leaving, they weren't going to change and they weren't going to care.

"I hate you all, I hate you so much." I whispered, there was no one in the room, so it was fine for me to say. "I hate you and I'm glad I'm leaving, good luck without me." I went and grabbed everything I owned, taking the Shellraiser and everything, then drove back to the scrapyard. Who were they to tell me what I was and wasn't doing? Why did they get to treat me however they wanted and get away with it but as soon as I expressed how I felt, I was the bad guy? It didn't matter either way, I was leaving. I wasn't going back to them, I was going to live a fulfilling life that made me happy, I was going to put all of this behind me and forget all about them. I didn't need them, I didn't need blood related family, I was perfectly fine all on my own. The best part was that I didn't even have to be all on my own, I had Voice there for me and supporting me. Things were better without my brothers pushing me around all the time, I felt so much better already knowing that they weren't using me anymore. It was like I was finally allowed to do what I wanted to do and be who I wanted to be, it was great. I hadn't even been gone for that long, I'd barely even made the decision, and it was already lifting my mood so much. 

"Are you ready?" Voice approached the Shellraiser and looked at me. 

"Yeah, I'm ready." I nodded and smiled to them. "Thank you."

"Of course, Donatello." They smiled back and I let them into the Shellraiser. 

"Just give me the coordinates of where we're going." I took a deep breath, preparing myself for whatever new circumstances I was going to be in. Voice nodded and gave me the coordinates, which I put into my GPS quickly. "What about you? Are you ready?" 

"Yes." Voice buckled up and looked around the Shellraiser. "You're very bright, it's amazing that you were able to make this yourself out of things you found."