What Did You Do?

(TW: murder and disturbing imagery)

I fell asleep, but what I was met with wasn't any normal dream. When I opened my eyes, it felt real, but it felt like it wasn't somehow. Everything looked and felt wrong, I felt floaty. I looked towards where Raph had been, but he wasn't there. I stood up. "Raph?" I called, just in case this was real and I was just overthinking things. It felt almost wrong to call out for him with how long I'd spent trying to separate myself from seeing him, Leo, and Mikey as my brothers. There was no answer, there wasn't even a sign as to where they might've gone. Instead, all I saw was a shadow in the corner of my eye. I turned, then looked. It was Voice, that put me on edge. "Where are they?"

"Oh, don't you remember?" Voice laughed softly. "Or are you trying to lie to yourself?"

"Lie to myself? Don't I remember what? What happened?" Had something happened? Did Voice do something to everyone? Why did they seem so happy and satisfied with themself? "What did you do...?"

"What did I do?" Voice laughed, this time it was loud and full of energy. "No no no, it's what did you do?" That felt like a punch to the gut. What did I do? What did they make me do?

"No, I couldn't have done something to them, I wouldn't..." I needed to sit down to process this, but I couldn't. I hadn't even found out what had happened yet, I needed to learn more about the situation before trying to let myself process any kind of emotions.

"You did what I told you do, you did perfectly!" Voice grinned, stepping out of the shadows and putting a hand on my shoulder. They seemed so satisfied, it was disturbing. I pushed their hand off of my shoulder, stepping back away from them. "you're sending so many mixed messages, you were so happy to listen to me just a second ago, why are you now acting like we're strangers again?"

"Don't touch me. What did you make me do?" I had to ask what was going on, I had to find out. I couldn't just sit there and listen to them make claims without evidence.

"I didn't make you do anything, I just told you to get your revenge, I told you to do to them what you thought they deserved, and you did even better than I thought you would!" Voice didn't go to approach me again, they were apparently listening when I told them to keep their distance from me. At least I knew they'd respect my boundaries. But I still didn't know what'd happened, they weren't saying what I'd done, they were dragging this on. Even just the way they were doing this made me blame myself more than I already would've. Was this really all on me? 

"What did I do...?" I asked softly, looking away. I didn't see any signs of them, I really wanted to just go looking for them to make sure that Voice wasn't just tricking me. Maybe they'd all just gone outside?

"You killed them!" Voice finally announced, their whole face contorted into a sick joy. "It was gory, but it was beautiful! I just loved the way you laughed! It really showed how free you felt!"

"What? No! I wouldn't! I would never! I couldn't!" I stammered out, feeling a weight crashing over me. I couldn't have done that to them, right? Besides, I was the weakest member, I couldn't kill them, they wouldn't let me do that, right?

"They trusted you too! They really thought that you wouldn't do it! Hell, you killed the youngest in his sleep, that tiny smile on his face didn't last long, now did it?" Voice started walking towards Mikey's room as if they were going to watch it replay.

"No! I wouldn't!" I felt a lump in my throat, I would never do something like that.

"I'm about to go look at the little corpse you left in there if you want proof." Voice smiled, then continued walking towards Mikey's room. It was awful, I couldn't believe that they were insinuating that I would want to look at my own brother's corpse. I needed to find out if they were being honest though, I couldn't just automatically assume that they were dead, right? That would be even worse of me. I reluctantly followed Voice, feeling like I was failing everyone with every step I took. I entered the room and looked at the bed, I could see a trail of blood leading out of the room, like someone had walked out of the room covered in it. That wasn't a good sign at all, I knew that. I went to the bed and looked under the covers, what I saw was awful, it was terrifying. Mikey had been stabbed multiple times in the throat, it looked to be at least 20 times, he was definitely not alive based on the skin tone and dead look to his face. He looked terrifying like that, I couldn't believe my eyes. I'd never imagined what it would be like to be my own brother's killer. I couldn't believe I did this, surely Voice was tricking me somehow. Surely this hadn't been the result of some kind of mental break, right?