Chapter 10: Us

Jen's feeling a lot better now, she's not crying herself to sleep every night now. Also with Brad and Anastasia being with her, always checking up on her helps her a lot. She is having a lunch with Court, so she get ready to go to her house. But first, she went to her daughter's room to ask her something.

"Hey, hon." Jen peeked her head in the door frame.

"Hey, mom. Where are you going? Oh! And by the way is dad gonna come over? I'm gonna ask him something."

Ana said standing up from her bed leaving her laptop to go to her mom.

"I'm going over at Court's to have lunch with her, do you want to come? And I haven't asked your dad yet if he's coming around today but I'll give him a call later."

"Oh. I can't come right now I have a presentation to make and it's due tomorrow." Ana said pointing at her laptop.

"That's totally fine, want me to help you?"

"No, I think I'll be fine." She said smiling at her.

"Okay, I'll text you later and there's some food at the kitchen just re-heat it incase you're hungry."

Jen said kissing her forehead, then giving her a hug.

"Bye Mom, have fun and drive safe. I love you."

"I love you too, bye love."

"Oh! By the way mom, what time are you gonna come back?" Ana asked pulling her mom's arm.

"Well, I don't know but I'll call you when I'm gonna come home."

"Okay mom byee."

"Bye sweetie."

<Later that day>
Dad called me few minutes ago saying that he's gonna be here in a minute. Mom's not home so it's a perfect timing.

The doorbell went off. I ran to the door to open it.

"Hey dad!" I said hugging him.

"Hey princess!" He said hugging me back and kissing the top of my head.

"Come on in. Mom's not home yet she's at Aunt Court."

"Oh. That's totally fine so, would it be totally fine for you if I ask your mom out again?"

"Definitely! Mom's been sad lately and I've noticed that whenever she's with you, she's the best version of herself. And dad, mom still loved you."

I reassured him.

"Thanks honey. Come here you."

Dad said pulling me in a hug, the moment got cut off when the doorbell went off.

"I thinks that's mom." I said breaking the hug and standing up.

"Hey mom." I said hugging her.

"Hey honey. Is your dad here?" She asked while I close the door behind us.

"Yep, he's right there." I said pointing at the living room.

"Thanks." Mom went to sit beside dad, while I go to the kitchen to get us something to drink or eat.

I lay the drinks and some crackers at the table while I said.

"I'm just gonna go in my room. I'm gonna leave you two alone."

I said winking at dad. Mom gives me a smile.

Brad's POV
I have no idea how to start this conversation with her. I don't want to put any pressure on her, because after what happened between us and after the incident a couple days ago between her and Justin, I don't want to push her or something. It makes me have doubts in my heads if I want to continue this, but after what happened on our dinner and what Ana told me makes me want to express my feelings on her so I did.

"Jen..." I pause looking in her beautiful eyes.

"This past few days was the best days in my life, and being with you makes me wanna be with you more. I want us to be together Jen, again...."

I stopped holding her hands, she doesn't say anything.

"I know this is stupid, I probably shouldn't brought it up anyway. I'm sorry-"

"Brad..."

"Mhm?" I look up at her.

"I love you." She said making me smile from ear to ear.

"I love you too." I leaned in kissing her lips.

"So this is it huh?"

"Definitely. Oh! Wait." I grab the necklace I brought for her.

"Oh... Brad you don't really have to do this."

"Well, you totally deserve it. May I?"

"Sure." I put the necklace around her neck smiling at her.

"You look gorgeous."

"Oh, stop it."

"You really are, Jen."

"Well, thank you and thank you for everything I really appreciate it."

I hug her tightly not wanting to let her go again, but the moment got cut off when we hear a voice.

"Aww, look at you guys. You look so cute together."

"Come here, sweetheart."

"Thank you." I whisper to her.

"You're always welcome, Dad."