Chapter 12: The suitor

<The Next Day>
Ana woke up with a smile on her face. Today is the day Ana's suitor gonna meet her parents. And the way her parents reacted yesterday gives her relief. She fix her bed went straight to the bathroom to freshen up and there she is ready to start her day.

Her dad is coming over in an hour. She also already text Noah to come over by lunch.

"Hey hon." She was met by her mom's presence in the kitchen, cooking breakfast while watching the news in the television.

"Hey mom, good morning."

"Looks like someone is excited, huh?" Jen said noticing Ana who can't stop smiling.

"Is it really that obvious?" Jen nods while putting the egg in the plate.

Ana went to the living room to watch something, she changed the channel when her mom suddenly yell.

"Heyyy! I was watching the news."

"Mom, news are so boring." Ana groan.

"I know but, I need to know what's happening in the world."

"Ugh." Ana rolled her eyes at her mom while putting the news back. She went to the kitchen to grab some food, when the doorbell went off.

"Come on in." Jen said. It was Brad.

"Hey dad." Ana said hugging him.

"Hey sweetie." Brad hug her back kissing the top of her head.

"Do you promise that you will be good today?"

"Well, I can't promise anything."

"Dad..." Ana glared at him, while Jen laughs.

"Fine, but I'm gonna tell you now I can't promise anything..... Hey hon." Brad goes over to Jen, wrapping his arms around her while kissing the side of her head.

"Hey babe."

"Oh! He's gonna be here in an hour. I better go get ready." Ana rushed into her room to get ready. While her mom and dad smiled at her excitement.

"She really is a grown-up now."

"I know, sometimes I still can't believe that's she's 17 now. I still remember the day when we found out that we're pregnant with her and... oh my gosh the very first time we held her in our arms. That day was very special to me."

"Come here." Brad opens up his arm as he knows that this kind of topic really makes her emotional.

<Later that day>
"He's here! Dad will you promise?"

"Yes."

"Okay, gosh I'm so nervous."

Ana open the door revealing her suitor.

"Oh, he's pretty handsome." Jen whispers in Brad's ear.

"Good Afternoon Mr Pitt and Ms Aniston. Noah Miller, pleasure to meet you." He extended his hand for a handshake, to his surprise Brad accept it, while Jen do the same.

"So, how's your parents? When are we gonna meet them?"

"I'm not really sure, but we'll try maybe next week. This week has been so hectic for us. I hope you understand."

"Yes, we do. Our schedule is pretty hectic too most of the time. And that's totally reasonable." Noah smiled at Jen, while Brad grab his fork to take a bite of the steak.

"This is so delicious. Who made this?"

"Dad did. He's a good cook." Jen looked at her daughter shock while Brad laughs on the other side of the table.

"Excuse me?" Jen act hurt.

"Well, mom's a good cook too."
<Later that day>
"Thanks for this day, I'm not gonna lie I had fun."

"Well, it's really nice meeting you Noah."

"It's really nice meeting you. Goodbye."

"Bye, stay safe."
<Inside>
"That went well. Thank you."

"He's nice, I like him."

"He is."

"Thank you for being good today."

"You're welcome, honey."