Chapter 11: Boyfriend?

It was still early in the morning, so Jen decided to sleep more because it's Saturday anyway, her sleep got cut off when she heard the door opening. Revealing Ana with a nervous look on her face as she's about to ask her mom something really important

"Mom? Are you awake?" She asked going into the room.

"Mhm?" Jen slowly open her eyes, then sat on the bed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Seeing the nervous look on her face makes her worried.

"Um, my friend is coming over, he's um..." Ana paused for a while looking at her mom.

"He's my suitor." Ana looked down not really wanting to have an eye contact with her mom at this moment.

"Your suitor huh?" Jen raised her eyebrow that makes Anastasia more nervous.

"I get what you mean. You wanted your dad and I to meet him, right?"

"Yes." She said shyly

"Can you ask Dad?"

"I think it's better when you're the one who told him."

"Really? I mean it's Dad he doesn't want me to have a boyfriend yet till I'm finish in college."

"Sweetie, he only say that because you're his baby. But, I'm pretty sure he will be so happy for you probably a little bit sad because his baby is growing up so fast."

"Thanks mom. But, are you?"

"No, definitely not. I'm just so proud of you and how an amazing young lady you've become."

"I love you, mom". Ana said pulling her mom into a hug.

"I love you more, sweetheart. Oh, my baby." Jen said returning the hug, while kissing the top of her head.

"I'll call Dad later." Ana whispered.

"Call? You should talk to him in person."

"Fine, thanks though Mom. You really are the best."

"Oh! I know." Jen said smiling at her while caressing her cheeks.

"Okay, I'm gonna leave you alone. I see you really need a sleep."

"I do, thanks sweetie."

"I'm gonna wake you up later. I'm gonna make us breakfast. Is there anything you want?"

"I'm gonna be good on what are you gonna make."

"Okay." Ana leaves the room closing the door.

A tear left in Jen eyes as she realized that her daughter is now a grown-up she's not her baby anymore, she's gonna have a boyfriend now. But she's so proud on how amazing her daughter became, she's the sweetest, generous, kind young lady she'd ever met.

<Later that day>
The doorbell went off, Ana stand up from the couch really really nervous and scared on how her dad will react to the news she will drop later. Her mom who's in the kitchen went to open the door.

"Hey honey." Jen greets Brad with a warm smile and a warm hug.

"Hey sweetheart." Brad also greets her by accepting her warm hug and kissing the top of her head.

"Where is she?"

"She's in the living room, Brad do you promise to me that you will be good?"

"Yes." Jen who gives Brad a little bit reason on why Ana called him this morning. Nervous herself on how willl Brad react towards their daughter.

"Hey dad." Ana gave her dad a hug still super nervous.

"Hey sweetie." Brad hug her back, kissing the side of her head.

"What are you gonna tell me?" Brad whispered breaking the hug.

"Um, right. So dad, my... suitor is um.... he's coming over tomorrow. He wanted to meet you- are you mad?"

"Mad? I'm not mad, sweetheart." Ana takes a deep breath finally able to lift the heavy feeling in her shoulders.

"Dad, please be honest."

"I am honest. But, tell that boy if he ever ever hurt you, that would be the end of his life."

"Dad!"

"I'm kidding, but if he did."

"Yeah, yeah. Thank you Dad, for everything." Ana smiled at her Dad, making Jen smile.

"So, anything new I need to know?" Jen asked walking in the living room with a tray of food in her hands.

"Well, Dad reacted fine. Which is good." Ana smiled at her dad, while grabbing some food.

"I'm happy for you."