Chapter 5

Avalon Faulkner

Harry Styles is seen with model, Raquel Turner. Sources say the pair are becoming close and that Harry has never been happier.

I stare at the headline with raised eyebrows. My eyes are glued to the multiple pictures taken of Harry holding her hand. They're seen leaving a bar. The bright paparazzi lights illuminate them perfectly. They're both looking away from the camera. God, even under such bright lighting, her skin looks amazing.

Raquel Turner.

I hate her and I don't even know her.

I click on a new tab, quickly typing her name into the search bar. A few articles about her and Harry pop up first which makes me groan in disgust. I scroll through the page, finding whatever is public.

She's twenty-two.

Younger girls, Harry?

Started modeling at thirteen. Worked alongside the Hadids, seen out with a few actors, works mainly for clothing brands and retail stores.

"No fucking way," I mumble to myself. Leonardo DiCaprio is seen getting cozy with model, Raquel Turner.

I shut my laptop, grabbing my phone beside me. I scroll through my short list of contacts and press on the last one. I hold the phone up to my ear as the line begins to ring. The call picks up after four rings.

"Jane- - shit. I mean Avalon! Hey. How are you?" Zayn pants.

"Bad timing?" I ask, biting down on my lip.

"No," He pants again, "I just got done with a workout. What's up?"

"Who the hell is Raquel Turner?" I immediately ask, jealousy lingering in my voice. I stare at my blank wall as I hear a laugh from the other line.

"You saw those?" He asks, sucking on his teeth. "I thought they wouldn't reach you all the way in Seattle."

I googled him.

"Who is she?" I ask again.

"Harry's new friend."

"Cut the shit."

"I'm not shitting you. Luckily for you, I went out for drinks with Harry last weekend." Zayn clicks his tongue. "They met at a club. He wanted a break from his typical one-night stands and took her out to dinner. Says he-"

"Wait." I drag out the word, sitting up on my bed. I cock my head to the side as my heart drops. "He's been sleeping around?"

"Shit. Uh-"

"Zayn!"

"There's a bunch of pap photos of him with different girls. How have you not seen them?" I grab my laptop again and open it up, quickly typing his name into the search bar with one hand. I scroll for a few seconds until the pictures and short articles start to pop up.

Harry Styles is seen hand in hand with a mystery girl.

Who is Harry Styles dating now?

Harry Styles spends twenty-sixth birthday with a mystery brunette.

I sang happy birthday to him before going to bed and he was fucking some girl?

Harry Styles' new rumored girlfriend is a 22-year-old American model.

Harry Styles was seen leaving bar with a Colombian model.

Third model this month? Harry Styles seen getting cozy with the twenty-three-year-old last night: sources claim.

Harry Styles' new girlfriend?

Who is Harry Styles' new rumored girlfriend?

"Jesus Christ," I whisper to myself. "How many fucking girls has he been with?" I keep scrolling through the numerous gossip websites. I see the many attached pictures of Harry with different girls, all trying to avoid the camera flashes.

"I could ask him for an exact number." Zayn teases.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes. I keep my eyes glued to the laptop screen. My stomach starts to turn as I keep staring at each picture.

"All of it just happened out of nowhere. It was just as big of a shock to me." Zayn sighs. "I seriously thought you knew."

"I avoided googling him up until today. All I ever saw of that family were the occasional headlines of Rebecca's trial. I never once searched up Harry."

"Well I mean, he is a single man."

"I know, I know. I'm just- - shocked? I haven't slept with anybody ever since I got here. While he's - - hopefully not contracted an std."

"It's been eight months and you haven't slept with a Seattle guy?"

"I don't exactly go out clubbing or socializing." I roll my eyes.

"Then what do you do?"

"I just started a new job at an editing company. Amaya's boyfriend got me the job."

"You ran away to work at another office?"

"God, you sound like my sister."

"Well?"

"No! You know that's not why. But I have to keep the money coming in. The money I made a day working for Mitch doesn't compare to what I make here in one shift. I need to be able to afford my apartment somehow."

"Go out for once. Meet a guy. Take him home. Forget about Harry."

I exhale through my nostrils, feeling a tight sensation on my chest. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about him ever since I left. I still feel this guilt."

"Life moved on for him, Avalon. He got heartbroken, he saw his sister get tried for the things she did all while being publicized, he reconnected his relationship with Flora, he's started to travel more, he lives by himself, and now he's taking one step further by dating again."

"He reconciled with his mom?" My voice goes soft. I smile to myself in that split second knowing he did one thing I asked for.

"He did," Zayn answers. "The point is, Harry's starting to move on. It's time for you too."

"Does he ever ask about me? Recently?" I peep.

"He does. Every time we see each other."

"Does he know I ask about him?"

"I mention it sometimes."

I exhale, laying back down. I stare up at my ceiling as millions of thoughts rush through my head. "I miss him."

"I'm sure he misses you too."

I chuckle, "I let all this jealousy take over me that I didn't stop to ask about you. How's life across the country?"

"It's nine p.m. here. I'm heading back to my apartment and then studying for an hour. Nothing new from the last time we spoke."

I nod, realizing the awkward tension now. "Well uh- - I'll let you get to it. Have a good night Zayn."

He clicks his tongue. "Right. Goodnight, Avalon."