Chapter 15

Harry Styles

I'm still in love with her.

And I can't let her get away again. At least not before I tell her how I feel. How I've felt since the minute I saw her for the first time again. From the minute she kissed me back. From the minute we talked about our new lives on the hotel rooftop.

Her flight leaves in a couple of hours. It's technically Monday morning. It's four in the morning. Her flight is at seven. And I can't let her leave without saying goodbye.

Our entire talk on Saturday made us go back to normal terms, at least I think it did. We talked about our time apart from each other, why she left, our feelings, the letter she left me. I've been rereading it every hour. She and I agreed that we were both each other's greatest loves yet. I know I won't find anyone else like her. I need to be with her again. If I let her get away again, I don't know if I'll ever forgive myself.

We spent Sunday apart. I let her have her own day alone in the city while I spent the entire day thinking only about her. Spending 24 hours apart from her only made me realize how much I still need her.

I tossed and turned the entire night. All my mind could think about was her. I tried splashing water on my face numerous times to wake up. I acted in an instant after that. I brushed my teeth and put on better clothing and now we're here — I'm here.

"We're here, Mr. Styles," John says as he puts the car into park in front of the entrance to her hotel.

I smile and open up the door, "Thanks John, I really appreciate it. And it's Harry."

The cool air of Brooklyn hits me as I rush through the front doors. I ignore the receptionist pop her head up from the desk and walk straight to the elevator. Once inside I press her floor and stand there quietly, trying to catch my breath.

How does one even do one of these things? I'm sure she's just waking up for her flight. Will she even open the door for me? Will she feel the same way? Jesus, Avalon, you always have me like this.

I dig my hands into the pockets of my sweatpants and anxiously watch the elevator screen as it moves up each floor. My heart is beating loudly against my chest and for the first time in a very long time, I'm nervous.

The bell chimes and I step into the quiet hallway. Walking over to her door I inhale deep breaths with every step. In a few steps, I'm standing in front of her door. I need to do all of this without giving it a second thought. I need to act now instead of later when I'm regretting not saying my goodbyes.

No matter what she feels, I need to get my goodbyes through to her.

I knock rapidly on her door and pause to hear any movement. I wait a few seconds and knock again, even louder. The sound echoes through the long hallway and through my body. I hope her neighbors are dead asleep.

I knock another time, this time being the loudest. I pull my hand back and wait in silence. I look down the narrow hallway and flinch when the door in front of me makes a sound and creaks open.

Through the small opening, I see her tired face on the other side. "Harry? What's wrong?"

Even when she's tired, her soft morning voice sounds adorable. It's always sounded adorable.

"Can I come in?" I manage to speak through the many nerves in my body.

She slides open the chain lock and opens up the door. She squints at me as the bright lighting of the hallway leaks into the room for a brief moment. The only light on is the bedside lamp which barely brightens up the room. She crosses her arms across her chest and stands by the now-closed door.