Chapter 10

Harry Styles

"It's a bit tight, don't you think?" I exhale, uncomfortably standing on top of the platform. I watch Jade and Zayn's reactions through the three-way mirrors, waiting for their vocal opinions.

Jade scrunches her face. "It is tight. Your ass looks amazing though."

"Thank you." I nod, turning around. "Are there any more options?"

"What if we make all your groomsmen wear all-black suits?" Jade turns to Zayn. "You think it'd go nicely with the bridesmaids' dresses?"

"The bridesmaids' dresses are an awful pink color, Jade. Nothing will look good with them." I comment.

Jade rolls her eyes. "They're mauve. It's barely considered pink, asshole."

I mimic her, making Zayn burst into small laughter. "Okay, cut it you two. I think the all-black is a good option because it's plain and simple. And Harry, the mauve dresses are pretty."

"Already playing into the wife is always right? Be your own person, Zayn." I sarcastically say.

"Okay, okay, go try on the all-black suit so we can pick and go." Jade waves me off. "We shouldn't have left this last minute."

By last minute she means that the wedding is this Friday. Today is Monday. We all originally had suits already picked out but Jade had a dream that the suits weren't the ones so she made me be her guinea pig before all of the other groomsmen.

I still haven't written a proper speech. Jade is more of a bridezilla than Lilian. I know she'll want some sappy heartfelt speech to impress the guests. She already tried to get me to cut my hair off because she knows it'll look better.

I've been growing this hair out for almost two years. I'm not going to throw it all away to make Zayn's fiancé happy.

Jade has her moments but for the most part, I like her. We're able to joke around with each other without getting offended by each other's actions or snarky comments about my wealth or how short she is.

I don't think she knows the full story of Jane and I. There's no point in telling her. I know Zayn still calls her and Jade's aware of who she is. She's never once mentioned where she lives or her name.

I've been trying to keep her off of my mind. I'm sure she won't show up anyway. But that small chance that she will always lingers inside of me. For months I've been thinking about how I'd see her again and what our reunion would look like. Do I really want our reunion at a wedding?

She wouldn't ditch Zayn's wedding because of me, right?

I stopped looking for her a few months ago. No investigator could get a trace of her. Not one.

How good are you at hiding, Jane?

I walk out onto the platform again, this time wearing the all-black suit. I face the mirror and run my hands through my hair, waiting for their responses.

"I knew it'd look great." Jade squeals. "All black suits it is."

I turn around, sighing, "Does that mean we're done now?"

She nods. "Thank you, Harry." She gets up with a smile, taking another look at the suit, "I'm going to let the sales associate know about our decision. I'll be right back."

Jade quickly walks to the front of the shop, leaving Zayn and me alone. I exhale, stuffing my hands into my pockets. "I hate to make our conversation all about her but-"

"She's not coming," Zayn says in disappointment. He looks down, fidgeting with his hands. "She said she had a work event she couldn't get out of. We offered to pay for her flight and hotel but she still couldn't make it. She sent her congratulations and wishes us the best."

I feel a tug at my chest, clearing my throat to shake the feeling away. "I didn't think she would ditch your wedding."

"Well, she's either telling the truth or avoiding everything she left behind, including you. I would never force her to come out to the wedding. She seemed very apologetic too. We can only respect her wishes." He presses his lips into a flat line.

Ditching the wedding just for me? I'm slightly flattered you still care about me, Jane.

"Sorry, mate." I apologize.

He shrugs. "It's nothing. I still have a whole wedding to worry about. As much as I love - - Jane and would love to have her as a guest, it's not one of my top priorities."

I nod. "You're right. Let's not focus on her. This is your and Jade's wedding. So for this entire week, it's only about you two."

He groans, standing up and stretching. "I have to worry about the in-laws all week. They're flying in from Texas and they still can't understand me most of the time. How the hell am I supposed to deal with them for this long?"

From what I've heard, Zayn's future in-laws still aren't so sure about him. They don't like his job or what he's studying. They barely understand him from his accent. Zayn's accent isn't hard to understand. I just think they're assholes.

I chuckle. "Oh. When's the rehearsal again? I have a meeting this Wednesday at three."

"How long? The rehearsal's at five- - and you know how Jade gets." He sucks on his teeth.

I roll my eyes. "I should be there by five thirty. With traffic and how far the venue is? I'm not getting there at the exact time."

"Tell that to the bride." Zayn exhales.

Jade walks back to the fitting rooms with a slip in her hand. "The suits should all be here by Wednesday at noon. Wednesday is going to be a busy day."

I can already see the stress building up on her face. She tries to hide the worry lines forming on her forehead as she reads the slip again.

"I can pick them up." I volunteer to bring her some ease. "Don't stress about it."

She gulps, smiling. "I knew Zayn made the right choice with you, Harry. It'd be a match made in heaven if you cut your hair but-"

"Not happening." I take the slip from her hand. "Be grateful I'm even doing this in the first place."

Author's Note
Thank you all for your patience!! Life suddenly hit me like a truck these last two weeks and the release date got pushed to the back of my mind. I've finally started to get back into the grooves of things and hope to post all throughout summer!