Chapter 16

Avalon Faulkner

I take out the green dress from my suitcase, sliding it onto a hanger. I hold the dress out, looking it up and down.

How do I re-wear something that holds so many memories from one night?

This stupid dress.

All I think about when I see this dress is that make-out session with Harry that should have never happened. It should have never happened because it has been all I think about ever since.

My goodbye to Harry is all I have thought about.

I thought letting him go was the right decision. I thought telling him I didn't feel the same way was the right decision.

I don't feel the same. I don't love him anymore.

But I know I can fall back in love with him. If I went back to New York for a weekend I know I could leave the trip head over heels for him again. After all the time we spent apart, he still felt the same. We saw each other for a day and a half and he still loved me. Deep down inside, I think a part of me still loved him.

Rapid knocks come from my door, making me jolt in reflex. I carefully set the dress down on my bed, rushing over to the door with a building smile. I unlock the door and open it widely, grinning happily.

"Avie!" Amaya fully embraces me in a big hug, nearly knocking the wind out of me. She hugs me tightly, swaying me from side to side. "You were gone a weekend and it felt like forever! How was it? How was the wedding? Oh my gosh, how was your weekend alone in New York? Did you do okay? Oh my gosh, did you see him?"

I laugh, closing the door behind her. Amaya kicks off her shoes and heads straight to the couch. I grab her a water bottle from the kitchen and walk over to the couch, exhaling as I sit down. "It was only three days. Not much happened in three days."

She takes the water bottle and opens it, taking a few sips before saying, "I don't care. I want to hear everything. How was the wedding?"

Don't mention it.

I clear my throat, suddenly feeling nervous. "For starters, I was late to the ceremony. I sat in the back and held back a few tears because my best friend was getting married. I spent all of my time sitting at the bar drinking Pepsi at the reception because I was avoiding - - the best man. I left after a few hours and spent the rest of my night watching horror movies in my room."

She turns her head to the side, narrowing her eyes. "You hate horror movies."

Shit.

"I grew a love for them when working for the Styles. Shit, my everyday life was a horror movie in New York." I quickly improvise, watching my sister fall into the lie.

She brushes it off and takes another sip. "How was seeing Harry for the first time? Did you come back in love with him like I predicted?"

"No." I quickly say. "Seeing Harry was just like any other seeing your ex experience; it was awkward as hell. I made eye contact with him briefly once and after that, I left the reception."

"Was he hotter?" She instigates.

Yes.

"Does it matter?"

She shrugs. "You've proved me wrong, Avie. I was convinced you would've came back head over heels for Harry. I wouldn't have blamed you though, I've seen his recent pictures for Suits magazine."

He was on their new issue?

I haven't googled the name Harry Styles ever since I stumbled across all of his hookup articles and paparazzi pictures.