𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

The group headed back into  the busy crowd, still confused by their latest find.

"So, keep your eyes peeled for an elephant, I guess? That's, like, the next level of the game?" Bethany questioned, looking down at the map.

Milana looked around the small alleyway, feeling like she was being watched. Then, she saw guys, wearing very old and tattered cloaks, glancing around the area. But the men stopped after affirming no one was looking at them.

"The vulture found its prey, leading them astray. Seek them out, and they shall pay." One said, waiting for the other to finish the riddle of sorts.

"Find her well, and not to decay. Or we shall be gone by day." The other replied, making the first man nod, confirming what they had been plotting about.

Milana scrunched her brows.

Vulture? They? Her?

Then it clicked. 

The vulture she saw earlier, it was one of Van Pelt's spies. Throwing them off track by looking for his men, not one of his animals. And she and the other were going to pay for stealing 'his' jewel. Or- well, the others will. Clearly Van Pelt was enamoured by her. She needed to be well.

"Guys." Milana whispered.

They all turned to her.

"They're here. Van Pelt's men. We need to leave, and quick." Milana instructed, lifting up her mask and hood to cover her face.

"What- how?" Spencer asked.

"He got one of his animals to spy on us." She sighed, taking lead. "He's clever, I'll give him that."

They were about to head into a small passageway when a bike parked just a few feet in front of them. Some of Van Pelt's followers were behind the biker, one of them went and grabbed a man by his throat, pushing him against a wall.

"Shit." Milana hissed and made a swift turn. "Quickly, go back!" She said, loud enough for the other to hear.

One of them noticed and shouted, giving the group the chance to run. They hastily ran through the market, bumping into everything and everyone. Minus Milana who dodged everything precisely.

"Watch out!" Fridge yelled.

"JUMP!" Martha warned as she surpassed baskets.

The group was put to a halt when one of the men found a shortcut. He stood before Spencer, who seemed nothing but nervous by the confrontation.

"I have to warn you, I think I'm a very strong puncher." He announced.

The man didn't seem to care and went for it. Spencer blocked it.

"Parry."

The man grumbled and tried again, and again. And again.

"Parry. Parry. Evade. Block."

"Uppercut." Spencer nodded before sending the man into the air.

Spencer did a few more moves before the group got themselves involved, or more so, Spencer told them to get involved. But no one moved.

Except for Milana, of course. She didn't need to be told twice. She got in a few hits before one of the men picked her up and tossed her harshly towards a wall. A loud crack followed after, and Milana's lifeless body dropped to the floor.