𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

The company of six arrived at they're designated spot. They were seated on a hill, watching the shed from above. All of them were crouched behind some bushes, waiting for what Alex had to say.

"There it is. The transportation shed. There's all sorts of vehicles inside. We gotta get one, get across the canyon, and get to the jaguar statue." Alex told them.

Fridge looked through his binoculars, spotting two guards cloe by the entrance.

"Okay, I see the transportation shed, I see the canyon, but I still can't see the statue, which is weird, 'cause it's like the most important thing in Jumanji and it's huge." Bethany stated.

"That's what she said." Fridge jeered, after laughing at his own joke.

Milana, who was on his right had to turn her head the other direction, trying not to find it humorous. She looked up slightly and saw Alex giving her an amused look.

She shrugged and whispered to him. "I'm a simple girl. I hear a 'that's what she said' joke and I laugh."

"You drunk, Fridge?" Spencer asked after Fridge wouldn't stop snorting.

"Whu- what are you talking about?-" He slurred, confirming Spencer (and everyone's) suspicions. "No. I ain't drunk."

"He is drunk." Martha said, a chuckle followed after.

"I had three little margaritas."

"Well, you're about half your usual size." Martha retorted.

"Whatever, whatever."

Milana ignored the banter going on between the two and faced Alex again, the boy was looking ahead and seemed distraught.

"Are you still worried about it?" She asked softly, not wanting to draw any attention.

Alex snapped out of his daze and looked back at the girl, who had now inched closer towards him. He stared at Milana for a few seconds and licked his lips.

"It's stupid, I know. We have, for the most part, a foolproof plan, but I can't help it." His jaw tightened, feeling yet again vulnerable in front of his peers.

It wasn't as he was against being emotional with people, it was more so the way people would react. It was always sorrow or pity. And he didn't want that. Alex was very confident in a lot of stuff, including the things he endured, and for people to feel bad, made him feel bad. He didn't need pity.

And as if she read his mind, Milana understood.

This game had changed everyone's perspective. Including the girl's. While she didn't enjoy the people (or crocodiles) attempting to kill her, she felt at peace here. Milana felt like she could be a better version of herself. She wasn't as quickly triggered by anger than at school. Sure, she had her moments, but it eased down just as fast.

And while Milana figured that it wouldn't be a positive reflection for everyone, she did see Alex enjoyed being Seaplane. He just had to get over that fear. And it's understandable why it could take some time, this is his last life she's talking about.