ch; 16 one more chance

"Did you receive my precious coffee, Mr Jeon?"

"It tasted perfect and I want to reward something for that"

That was enough and YN's smirk was long forgotten. She wasn't ready for anything that was coming up from him.

Not today.

She fiddled with her fingers as her eyes stared blankly in front of her. What was he up to this time?

Her clouded thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked on that door. She sat straight, before speaking further.

"Please come in," She said waiting for whoever was on the other side of the door. And she saw a helper with some huge files in his hands.

"You were asked to take care of these, Ms." He said, walking towards her and placing them in front of her on the table. Her wide eyes didn't leave her even a second. "Huh?" That was all she could say.

The guy was out, but her big eyes didn't leave the files. Of course, she had to take care, but she needed some time. It was her job but she needed more time than she imagined.

Before not thinking anything further, she started working on them one by one. She sighed but didn't stop herself from doing it. But as time passed, she was getting exhausted and knew why it was happening to her.

Closing the file, she stood up and marched towards Mr Jeon's chamber with a full red face. She was so exhausted and angry with him as well.

Once she knocked on the door, as if he was waiting for her, he instantly called her inside. She came in and walked towards him with heavy steps and he was so amused to see her now.

Her face was on point showing how much she was exhausted. He wasn't expecting that but wasn't going to drop his play too.

"I can't finish all of them. And you know it, Sir," YN said, folding her arms over her chest but he wasn't able to listen to those words as he was so down, staring at her face.

"Sir," she sternly spoke, gaining his attention. "Mm? What is it?" He added and she sighed heavily.

"Why are you messing up with me?" She spoke this time, with no honorifics. He smiled hugely as he walked closer. "Drop this act and talk to me like a boss," She added but his smile didn't want to leave his lips.

"I can't, baby," He spoke but this time his voice sounded so deep, almost her eyes popped out but she managed to keep up her pace.

He was getting so close with every second and she feels like her heart was about to jump out of her ribs.

"I really want to mess up with you, YN. I know, I wasn't thinking right sometimes, but at the end of the day, it was always you,"

He said and she clenched her jaw, not to show her emotions on her face.

"Just stop this,"

Dropping her hands, she said and turned around to go, but he grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer, almost making her bump into his chest.

"I can't, I told you, let's start again, from the beginning. What say?" He asked genuinely, but she wasn't ready to answer. She doesn't want to fall into the deep hell hole again but he was always an exception.

"You have your standards with you since birth, Jungkook. I don't think you will drop everything for me to tell this world that you are dating your secretary, will you?"

"What if I do?" He asked again.

"I don't think your parents would accept this relationship,"

"What if they accept you?"

She sighed heavily as her breath fell on his face. "You talk about something which is far away from reality, Jungkook. Namjoon said everything else to me but look who he is marrying. His fucking business partner."

"Stop comparing me with him, YN" His grip around her wrist tightened. "I'm not comparing, Jungkook. I swear I didn't. But what if things come around ever again? I can't take it again,"

"Trust in me, that is all I could say," He said before leaving her wrist, making her stumble a little. "I will wait for you, YN, I can do that, right?" He turned his back and she opened her lips to speak further but couldn't

"Just give back the files and you can go home now. It's already time.,"

She didn't expect that. He was showing his back and she was standing there clueless. She wasn't ready to speak anything and she turned around to leave his chamber.

Her mind was clouded so badly because of him and she was asking herself if she can give her heart one more chance to trust in this relationship.