Ch. 10: Good Things, Bad Things

Luz left Willow and Gus, hoping to see them again... and ended up running into someone again.

"Oh, sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" Luz said quickly.

"It's fine." The other person said, "Believe it or not, this isn't the first time this happened today. I'm Skara, Skara Melody."

"I'm Luz, Luz Noceda." Luz said, "And this isn't the first time this has happened to me today either."

"I highly doubt you bumped into your best friend/secret crush." Skara said, "So, I haven't seen you around before, you new in town?"

"Yeah, I'm new. Just came in a few days ago." Luz said to her.

"Cool, so, what kind of magic are you into?" Skara asked, "I'm a Bard, so what are you?"

Luz's face paled, because she doesn't know what the magic system was.

"Um...I'm interested in animals." Luz said to her.

"Oh, so you're a Beast Keeper then?" Skara asked.

"Y-y-yes." Luz said.

'What is a beast keeper?' Luz thought.

"That's great. Maybe I'll see you in Hexside when the new semester starts." Skara said with a smile.

"Yeah, it... it was great to meet you." Luz said, "I have to go now, bye."

"Okay, bye. See you later, Luz." Skara said as Luz rushed with Batty leading her. "Oh wait! I should've gotten her scroll number! Maybe when we start the new semester. Now, what was I doing?"

A three eyed shadow pulled up behind her.

"Right... running for my life." Skara said, before breaking into a sprint.

Luz found Gwen.

"Oh, Luz. Ready to go?" Gwen asked.

"Yeah, I'm more than ready." Luz said with a nod before smiling a bit. "But, I did meet a few interesting people."

"That's good, you should make some friends while you're here."

"No matter how long I'm here?" Luz asked.

"Indeed. A friend is a friend, no matter what dimension you're in." Gwen said as she placed a hand on Luz's shoulder. "And here, I promise you will make true friends."

"Thanks, that makes me feel a little better." Luz said.

"I'm glad." Gwen said, "Now let's go, I have work to do."

Luz nodded to her as Batty landed in her shoulder, chirping as if he wanting to stay with Luz

"Um, Gwen, do you think I could keep Batty for a while? He seems pretty attached to me." Luz said as she scratched his chin.

"As long as you and he wish." Gwen said with a smile.

They walked back home, unaware that they were being watched by a person in a golden mask.

"There you are, human." He said to himself, "Emperor Belos will be pleased to hear about you."

Golden Guard held up his staff and teleported away, leaving the human to her own devices. FOR NOW. He teleported to the throne room and kneeled.

"Uncle."

"What do you have to report, Golden Guard?" Belos asked from his throne.

"The Human is in the care of... the Clawthornes." Golden Guard said.

Belos let out a sigh.

"I see, you are herby ordered to capture or kill the Human." Belos said, "But you cannot make it known to anyone, especially the Clawthorne family. Gwendolyn and Dell are far too known and have reach in the community, if they are caught in the crossfire, then this could cause chaos. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Uncle." Golden Guard said.

He already had a plan on how to do it.