Ch. 17: Jail Break

At the castle, Eda, beaten and bruised, was being led to Belos in cuffs.

"Ah, Eda the Owl Lady. At least we meet, face to face." Belos said, sitting on his throne.

"The pleasure isn't mine." Eda mumbled, some blood dripping from her lips.

"You've eluded me a long time, you've cost me a lot of time and patience." Belos said, "And I can't afford you to get in my way again. Take her to the Conformitorium, we'll have her petrified tomorrow night!"

"Yes sir!" The two coven members said.

"Figured as much, I knew you were lying to Lily about bringing me into the coven." Eda said to him.

"Naturally. Lilith is powerful and loyal but is too sentimental. So I fibbed a bit." Belos said before chuckling.

"You won't get away with this!" Eda said as she was dragged out.

"You say that but I already have. Who could POSSIBLY stop me now?" Belos asked with a smirk under his mask.

Luz ran to through the woods, not wanting to stop for anything. After dropping off King and Hooty, who had some sort of house backpack, at the Clawthorne house, Luz ran towards to save Eda as fast as she could by following her scent. She came upon the castle. Luz saw some guards at the door but didn't care and didn't stop as she charged at them, shifting into her panther form! She was out for BLOOD! The guards barely had time to react as the beast of the woods attacked.

"AAAH!" One screamed as Luz bit into his shoulder, blood gushing out before she span and threw him into the other to knock them both into the wall and knocking them out!

She shifted back and ran inside, grabbing a discarded pipe that was on the ground.

'I'm coming, Eda.' Luz thought, wiping blood off her lips as she moved in the shadows.

She didn't realize that Eda was taken to the Conformitorium, but she would soon be there. She kept running until she saw a familiar mask.

"Golden Guard." Luz growled.

"Human? What are you doing here?" He asked, his staff at his side.

"Where is Eda?! I know you and your goons attacked the house! Tell me where she is!" Luz shouted, pointing her pipe weapon at him!

"That is none of your concern." Golden Guard, "She is a criminal and shall be punished as one. As will you."

"Grrr! Try it!" Luz shouted as she charged at him, scraping the pipe against the floor before he's jumped at him!" "RAAAH!"

Golden Guard dodged, but Luz swung the pipe at him. She continued swinging wildly at him as he dodged the wild attacks. Left, right, back, right, back, left, right, left; he could see all of her swings but found them getting faster.

'She's unfocused but she's got speed and power. It's a shame she's affiliated with the owl lady.' He thought.

Luz didn't care about anything right now, she just wanted to beat this brat to death, she wanted to save Eda, and she wanted to give Belos a swift kick to the groin!

"Yaaah!" Luz shouted as she threw the pipe at him, making him lean away to dodge.

"Throwing your weapon isn't-" He said before Luz kicked him in the GROIN! "UGH!"

Luz grabbed him by his vest collar and threw him into the wall. His staff was dropped and rolled away as Luz glared into his eyes through his mask.

"Now that I've got your full attention, tell me where Eda is!" She shouted as him.

"The same place you'll be going." Golden Guard said, quickly kicking Luz's mouth, knocking a tooth out.

"Ugh!" Luz groaned, feeling blood in her mouth.

The Golden Guard rushed to his staff and grabbed it, pointing it at Luz.

"Checkmate, human." He said before blasting.

Luz was sent flying back and hit the wall, getting severely burnt on several parts of her body, such as her shoulder, stomach, chest. Luz looked up at Golden Guard with blurry vision. Golden Guard stomped on her head, knocking her out. When she woke up, she was in the back of a prison cart, heavily restrained. Soon the cart stopped and the doors open. The guards bring her out and she saw Lilith.

"Follow me to her cell."

The guards followed Lilith to a dark part of the Conformitorium, all while dragging Luz along by the chains on her arms and legs. When they got to the cell, the guards took the chains off and threw Luz into the cell.

"Are you sure it's fine to take the chains off?" A guard asked.

"Of course, She's just a human." Lilith said.

"Hmm, good point. They're incapable of doing magic." The guard said before shutting the cell.

"Goodbye, Human." Lilith said, "Maybe the Emperor will be merciful on you and sentence you to death."

Lilith walked away, leaving Luz alone in the cold cell.

'This is strange, was how she acted when I meet her just a mask?' Luz thought, rubbing her wrists in the cell. 'But still, if this is where Eda is, I need to find her!'

She looked around and saw an old shelf.

'And I think I know how.'