Ch. 28: Palismen and Revelations

The next day, Luz was staring at the log of hers, unsure of what to carve.

"Hey, Kid, you sure you don't want to come with me to see the other Hexside students get staffs?" Eda asked.

"I'm sure... I'm trying to think." Luz said.

"I get that but maybe they could give you some inspiration, get the juices running." Eda said to her.

"I guess but I want to go for a more.....original design, you know?" Luz asked.

"Maybe you should make a black panther." Eda said, with a small smirk.

"Please, I'm not going to do that." Luz said.

"What? I'm just saying, it is unique for this place." Eda said with a shrug.

"I'm not that self absorbed Eda." Luz said, "Besides, that would just reveal that I'm the animal in the woods, and I don't need any beast keepers to come dissect me."

"Okay, that's true. I'll see you later kid, I'll tell Bump you're out sick." Eda said as she put in a red blazer and left the owl house.

Luz rolled her eyes and looked back to the log.

"Okay, maybe I just need a hunt to clear my mind, and then I can think about it." Luz said.

Luz grabbed the palistrom wood and put it in a special box to keep it save before putting it under the couch. Elsewhere, in the castle, Belos was looking at the repaired portal.

"The portal may be fixed, but without Titan's Blood, then it is useless." Belos said, "And I've already searched every inch of eclipse lake, not to mention the key to the portal cracked and the blood leaked out years ago."

"Well, there is the rumor of the last Titan!" Collector said, on the portal.

"Indeed, but the odds of finding it are slim." Belos said, "Still, it may be the only chance."

"So who you gonna send to find them?" The Collector asked, twirling around Belos.

"Hmm, possibly Eberwolf, his tracking could proof very useful if giving at least a whiff of the dried blood." Belos said, rubbing his chin.

"Then comes the big question... how do we capture it?" Belos asked.

The Collector began pondering in this too, not knowing how smart or how big or how old this Titan could be compared to the old one. The one that trapped them in the first place.

"Welp, it will be fun to watch!" Collector said.

'Of course he's no help, just in it for entertainment. Though I do agree, when the Titan is found it will be fun.' Belos thought with a small smirk before sending off for the head of the Beast Keeping Coven.

At the school, Eda watched as everyone, sans Amity and Luz, got their staffs. Gus, Willow, Boscha, Viney; everyone there bonded with their palismans and took their next steps to becoming full grown witches. Eda couldn't help but wonder what Luz would carve the entire time she was there. A Slitherbeast? A griffin? Maybe even a giraffe? Her options were unlimited, both from this world and from her own world of all the animals she could carve.

"Eda?" Willow asked, pulling Eda from her thinking.

"Huh?" Eda let out, gazing at her and Gus.

"Is... Luz okay?" Gus asked.

"Is she our sick or something?" Willow asked her.

"Yeah, Luz is just fine. She's just a little under the weather is all and needed some time off today." Eda said to them, "Nothing to worry about, I'll have her call you later."