Ch. 27: Memorable First Date

A couple days later, Luz was holding Eda's staff in the air and was spinning it.

"Not bad, Kid, you're getting really good at staff training." Eda said.

"Thanks, I'm just as surprised as you. I didn't think it would be this easy to use." Luz said.

"Well, you are just full of surprises." Eda said.

"Not as much as compared to you with that crazy ass tunnel you put me in." Luz said with a small glare, pointing to Eda with her own staff.

"Hey, it worked, didn't it? You've got a girlfriend now." Eda said as she pushed the staff away a bit.

"Speaking of, I have a date to get ready for." Luz said.

"Already?" Eda asked, shocked and checking her scroll for the time. "Dang, time flew by fast!"

"Yep and I need to hurry and get ready or else I'll make Amity mad." Luz said, walking into the house.

Luz threw Eda's staff to her and went inside to get ready.

"Bring flowers or candy! That's an excuse good if you're late!" Eda called out quickly.

"Won't need it but thanks!" Luz called back.

'Ah, to be young and feel love... and your back... again.' Eda thought.

Eda cracked her back a bit, walking inside to relax a bit after training Luz a bit. Now that Luz had a friends AND a love life, Eda had more free time to herself.

'Hmm, speaking of love.....could I have a chance to get back with Raine?' Eda thought, remembering her truest love.

She was knocked out of her thoughts when she saw a black blur run passed her and out the door.

"Well, there she goes." Eda said.

As a black panther, Luz was running through the forest as fast as she could to get to Amity's house. Even with all the trees and random obstacles in the way, it was easy for her to navigate as fast as she could go. She made it to Blight Manor, well, the outskirts of the woods around Blight Manor, and turned back to normal.

"Okay, now to just go and knock-"

Luz was tackled from above by an... abomination panther?

"Huh?"

The panther head opened, and Amity's head popped out.

"Hi, Luz." Amity said, "What do you think of my latest Abomination technique?"

"Abomination technique?" Luz asked, still surprised yet in awe.

"The thing about abomination magic is that once you reach a strong enough level of control, you can turn yourself into an abomination. I used that as inspiration for this new technique." Amity said as she got off Luz, "Look, I'm.. kind of like you."

Amity ran around Luz for a bit, enjoying the speedy feeling she got from four legs.

"Yeah...you are....." Luz said, slowly reaching up as Amity stopped and turned to her, reaching to caress Amity's cheek. "And...you're incredible."

"T-t-thanks." Amity said.

"Now turn back, we have a date."

Amity did so and Luz grabbed her hand, unaware that someone had begun to watch them.

'So, you want to play with the Human, do you?' Odalia thought.

With a quick idea in mind, Odalia was going to make sure that human would never be heard from again. Luz and Amity headed into town.