Ch. 30: Exposed Secrets

Almost a week later, Hunter was walking around the castle, coming up to the top secret room. It has been quite an experience since he secretly joined the resistance, accepting some very shocking truths that explained a lot about his "uncle" that he didn't know before. Some of them from the resistance and some from his new best friend/palisman, Flapjack.

'No, I'm not going to call him Uncle anymore.' Hunter thought.

According to the staff, Belos was at the conformitorium, so this could be his only chance to see what Belos is working on.

'I pray the Titan has mercy for anyone that sees Belos today.' Hunter thought.

He grabbed the door handle and looked around before opening it. He paused in cause of some sort of trap but found none, quickly entering the room and closing the door behind him.

"Now, what's he been hiding?" Hunter asked.

He looked around before finding something under a sheet. He pulled it off and his eyes widened.

"The portal?" Hunter asked aloud, "He told me weeks ago that this was abandoned."

"Oh ho ho, what's this!?" A child like voice said.

Hearing the voice, Hunter looked around in shock and pulled out his palisman to defend himself!

"Who's there?!" Hunter shouted!

"Ooh, you have one of those staff things!" The voice said, "Better hope your uncle doesn't find out!"

"You mean Belos?" Hunter asked, looking around for the source of the voice.

"Who else would I be talking about?" The voice said.

"Who are you? Where are you!?" Hunter said, "Show yourself!"

"Oh, I'm closer than you think."

Hunter looked down and saw that his shadow was not his, but some kind of shadow... creature... thing.

"Hello!" The shadow said, making Hunter jolt and teleport away!

"A living shadow?!" Hunter asked in shock.

"Oh, I've wanted to talk to you for a long time." The Shadow said, "I was there when you were created."

"W-w-what are you?" Hunter asked, very scared at this.

"I'm not allowed to say." The shadow said.

"Then tell me why you're here. And why Belos is constructing a new portal." Hunter said, gesturing to the portal.

"Oh it's just a part of his cool plan!" The shadow said.

"Plan? You mean the Draining Spell?" Hunter asked.

"Ooh, someone knows a lot."

"But you probably know more, don't you?" Hunter asked.

"I'll never tell." The Shadow said before moving behind Hunter, turning into his shadow. "But I will admit, you're one of the first to have that palisman. You must be really special."

"First? You know about the other grimwalkers?" Hunter asked.

"Know about them? Who do you think taught Belos to make them?"

This information threw Hunter for a loop, making him a bit angrier that there were TWO people responsible for his "nothing but a tool" birth.

"I see." Hunter said, tightening his grip.

"Yep! That's not all I thought him, I've been teaching Belos everything I can about magic and other cool stuff for the last 3 centuries." The Shadow said, looking like Belos.