Chapter Sixteen

So this is dedicated to LuckilyBad! Her stories The loss of love and Unstable are AMAZING! You should go and read them NOW!...NO..WAIT..NOT NOW!!...AFTER YOU READ MINE...JEEZ!:)

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! There is a...'scene'...in this chapter so if you don't like, don't read...simple as that. I really don't feel like getting another comment from someone who was offended...or whatever. Thanks!

Jace P.O.V

All I could do was watch Chris pull Kadence out of the house. What is wrong with me? I really don't know why I did that. I just heard the familiar voices of my friends and acted on instinct. I didn't even know what I was doing until I watched Kadence falling over the side of the dock. It took everything in me to stand there and force myself to laugh at the joke that they were telling me. I can't even remember a word that came out of any of their mouths. My thoughts centered on Kadence and the look of confusion after he hit the water. 

After a few more minutes of staring at the door, I finally sit down and put my head in my hands, groaning.

 "Why did I do that?" I mumble to myself, jumping when Johnny put his hand on my shoulder, patting it lightly.

I glance at him briefly before putting my head back in my hand. He wouldn't be so ready to comfort me if he knew. Not like I deserve any type of comfort. I hate myself and if I hate me then there is no doubt that Kadence hates me now. I don't blame him. How can you want to be with someone who thinks about themselves, not caring who they hurt. If only I could change that one stupid moment. I'd like to say I would do it differently but I never thought I would do it this time... 

I look up when I hear the door slam loudly. Great Chris is back. And from the force of that door shutting, I'm sure Kadence has already told him everything. 

Chris storms into the living room, angry, stopping a few inches away from me. "What did you do to Kadence?!" He yells, pointing a finger at me.

What? Kadence didn't tell him? I know I hurt him but I didn't think that it would be so bad that he couldn't even tell his best friend about it. He tells Chris everything. This makes me feel even worse then I  was a few seconds ago. I didn't think that was possible but apparently so.

"I thought he would tell you," I mumble to him.

"Well he didn't! You are though! Did you say something mean to him while on your date?" He grabs a chair and positions it right in front of me, sitting down with his arms crossed, ready to hear the whole story.

"No, the date was amazing, best one I have ever had. Its what happened afterwards that has him hating me." Chris' eyes soften after watching me. 

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you. Kadence has been in love with you for years. You would have had to do something extremely bad for that to change. I don't even think you are capable of doing something that drastic." 

I close my eyes for a second and see Kadence looking so happy while giving me a kiss then the next minute with a look of disbelief as he stares at me.

I sigh and open my eyes, not wanting to relive it. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"Really? I know him better than anyone." 

"Then you should know that I screwed up. I can't take it back. I can't change it. I can't do anything but sit here and replay it in my head over and over. The hurt, anger, confusion, and every other feeling you can have towards a person you are starting to despise."

"Just tell me what you did." And I do, I tell him everything, starting from the car ride there all the way up to me trying to help him out of the water.