Chapter 19 part 2

Dedicated to Sixx_Feet_Under. She did an AWESOME job on the cover and if you haven't fanned her then you should! Her boyxboy books are AMAZING!!

AN: Normally I don’t do a recap but since this part 2 is leading straight off from part 1 I figured I would in case anyone starts reading and is all like WTH?? Is she talking about!! LoL

Recap:

“READY!” He yells.

I duck behind Jace who is just standing there watching Chris’s every move. Don’t run or anything Jace! Jeez!

“AIM!”

Jace takes a few threatening steps towards Chris, leaving me in the open. I try to stuff myself in his locker that’s still open.

“FIRE!”

I scream a little and close my eyes tight, waiting for the impact of shell on skin. Surprisingly it never comes. I peek through one eye warily and see nothing but back. HUH?! My eyes travel upwards until I realize that the mysterious back belongs to my sexy man.

AWW! How sweet! He’s actually pinning me between the lockers and his body to keep Chris’s assault from hitting me.  Sure, I might be a little squished right now but that’s not the point. Jace is so adorable right now doing the whole ‘gotta protect my man’ kind of thing. Yep, definite butterfly action happening in my stomach right now!

As much as I’m loving this, he really needs to move before people start to suspect that there is something more going on here than just a normal friendship.

“Jace...” I whisper low enough that we won’t be heard.

“A little busy here right now, Kadence.” He mumbles, throwing his arms up just in time to prevent one of the eggs from hitting his face. I think that one came from Chris.

“Yeah, I can see that but if you don’t move then we’re going to have a problem that is bigger than eggs, if you know what I mean.”

“Are you seriously telling me you’re turned on right now?” He asks in disbelief, turning his head towards me.

“WHAT?! NO!”  His chuckle distracts him and an egg hits him in the side of the head. 

“DAMNIT! I don’t know about you, but I’m getting tired of getting my ass kicked. Want to fight back?”

I grin evilly, nodding my head. I don’t know what were supposed to fight back with. I look around and only see broken egg shells, yellow and clear slime all around us. I push Jace a few steps away and bend down scraping the slime off of the floor into my hand. When I have a palm full, I look around to see who my victim will be. 

Chris? No, Jace will want to take him out. I look around and see Eric pointing and laughing. He’ll do.  I tap Jace on his shoulder, letting him know that I’m ready to inflict some payback.

 Jace eyes Chris and starts slowly walking towards him, not bothering to dodge anymore of the eggs.  I follow his lead and head in the direction of my victim. He’s too busy watching to see what Jace is going to do that he doesn’t even see me until his face is covered in slime. Yeah! Take that! I laugh at him and grab more of the gunk off of the floor, throwing it this time at a tall black haired boy. It hits him in the arm before it slides down to his fingers.

I glance over to Chris and Jace to see Jace holding Chris in a head lock, rubbing egg all through his hair. When a glob hits me in the back of the head, I’m just about ready to throw another handful when everyone freezes.