Chapter 21

AN: Edited note: I forgot to spell check...so If you see a word that is spelled backwards or inside out then yeah....I suck at spelling...lol Also I'm to lazy to fix it so that's why I'm writing this instead! haha

The sun shining through the window, into my eyes, is what had me waking up the next morning. I groaned out loud at the sharp pain running up my back when I tried to get up from the couch. That is not the best place to be sleeping! The only reason why anyone would willingly sleep on such an uncomfortable couch would be if their boyfriend was a total douche the night before at the slight mention of love. Oh, right. That's what happened to me!

Jace. Stupid. Pathetic. Loser. Jerk. Scared closet case. I could go on all day. In fact I am reserving six o'clock for me to sit down and think up some rated R words that would apply to him! UGH! I hate him! But I love him! No, no I need to hate him right now!

I sighed, slumping down back onto the couch and kicking one of the pillows across the floor. Who am I kidding? I love him to much to ever hate him. Even if he did just rip my heart out and feed it to a stray dog. Why do I have to care so much?!

I leaned my head back and stared at the very white ceiling.  "Ok, universe or whoever controls my feelings, now would be an awesome time to turn me into one of those cold, heartless people who could care less when someone hurts them. I will give you seven seconds to fix me. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven."

I glance down at my body and back up to the ceiling. "Thanks for nothing!" I yelled at noone.

"Great, now I am talking to myself..." I mumble, getting up and heading to my room to get dressed.

Yes, I am going to go to school today. Why? Because I am the most pathetic person in the world and I know Jace will be in school today. Any chance I get to see him is a chance I am going to take. Like I said, Pathetic!

I threw on some clothes and shoes before heading to the bathroom to fix my hair. I looked in the full length mirror. Dang, even though I might be in a blah mood today, I gotta admit, I still look good! Damn good! This makes me somewhat happier, knowing that Jace is going to want me and I'm going to ignore the hell out of him!

I grabbed my phone on my way to the kitchen and hit the speed dial for Chris's number.
I heard him answer his phone on the other end and before he could say a 'hello' I was already talking. "Can you give me a ride to school?"

"Huh?" A sleepy Chris replied. Great, he's still half asleep which means I am going to have to say everything about three times before it registers.

"School. Ride. Me."

"Dude, who is me?" I rolled my eyes at this. How many years have we known each other? A hundred?

"Your momma."

"Mom...you have your own car." Chris says before hanging up on me. OK...Johnny must have kept him up late last night. Psh! I bet Johnny has no problem at all telling Chris how much he loves him. Stupid Jace.

I dialed Chris's number again.

"Wha." He answers with a half word.

"So how bout that ride?"

"I have my own car. I don't need a ride." Really...this boy is to oblivious sometimes...

"WAKE UP, NOW!" I scream into the phone, hoping to get his mind working.

"What do you want, Kadence?!" Finally! He knows who he is talking to!

"For the third time, Can you give me a ride to school?"

"Yeah, but why are you calling me? Is it really that hard to drag yourself out of my brother's bed and walk a few feet down the hall to ask me in person? EWWW...Did you just get done doing something naughty?! Am I going to have to call you Kinky Kadence again. You know I kinda got fond of that nam-"