A Cold Start

Bly pov:

"The general will be here shortly." Lieutenant Galle saluted behind me.

"Bloody Jedi generals. They don't care about us. To them were expendable. An asset that can be wasted." I ranted to any nearby clones who had their helmet comms on.

"Good morning. Commander Bly of the 327th Star Corps, isn't it?" A beautiful Blue Twi'Lek came towards the bridge,

"Who are you?" I asked with mistrust,

She tilted her head towards me and pierced me with a penetrating stare, "You're new Jedi General."

Jedi? But she's too pretty to be a Jedi...

"I'm Aayla Secura, this is Anakin Skywalker's padawan, Ahsoka Tano." She said turning to the teen Togruta behind her, "and Captain Rex of the 501st."

"I know Captain Rex quite well." I said turning stiffly to attention while communicating with Captain Rex,

"What have you gotten yourself into?"

"Hey, I know you don't like the generic version of  Jedi that the Kaminoans taught us about, but most, if not all, Jedi are BETTER than those kriffing Kaminoans."

I was momentarily stunned, are Jedi actually NICE?

"Well Commander?" Aayla's voice cut into my thoughts,

"Sorry, what was it?" I asked still half confused.

"Where are our quarters?" Aayla replied patiently,

Quarters? Kriff, I hadn't organised that yet! 

"Um, well I was just thinking about that and I realised, well, the thing is, there is only one room spare, and, well, it only has a double bunk." I stuttered,

"Lucky? Get the kriff here this instant!" I roared into my commlink,

"And where on Geonosis are you this time?" Lucky replied drily,

I felt my cheeks go crimson as Lucky reminded me of my embarrassing moment on Geonosis,

"The bridge of the Liberty, actually." I said calming down. "You wouldn't know where there's a spare permanent bunks for some associates."

"Hold on, I'm almost at the bridge." Lucky replied coming into view and saluting,

"Now about the-" Lucky began,

"Talk through helmet comms." I said through my helmet,

Lucky put on his helmet, "Now about the permanent bunks, how many do you need?"

"Well the double bed has been given to Ahsoka and Captain Rex as they're in the same battalion. I just need one more for our General

Lucky sighed, "There is one more bed available. But-"

"That'll do." I said, turning towards the General,

"Sir, don't say anything! The spare bunk is YOUR double bunk!"

"MINE!" I yelled through the comms, 

Lucky winced and turned down the volume,

"There really isn't a spare bunk ANYWHERE on the Liberty?" I asked,

Lucky shook his head in answer,

I sighed as I took off my helmet and nodded toward Aayla Secura, 

"Sir, there is only one bunk available. And that's the other side of my bed." I finished looking down.

The general looked a little bit taken aback and I looked at her again, "Unless you want to sleep in the... barracks... with ALL of the nutcases in my battalion."

"That will be fine, also, please don't stand behind me, Bly. It makes me nervous."

I started a little at her calling me straight up Bly, causing me to stare vacantly at her for a minute or two. 

Haar'chak she was hot. Wait, did I really just think that? 

"Thank you for the compliment Commander." Aayla smirked at him,

Kriffing hell, this is going to be interesting having a General who thinks we're expendable reading every thought.

"Commander Bly! I most certainly DO NOT think you are expendable, no other clone is expendable either. Do I have to train you from scratch? I want this unit to be the best it can be. I really want you to behave and get it into your mind that I don't think you are expendable. You are dismissed, but before you go, tell me where to find my quarters." Aayla finished, flinging her lekku behind her as she turned toward me once more.

"All you have to do is follow me to m-... OUR quarters." I replied.

Aayla smirked and punched me,

Rex turned his comms on and I put on my helmet,

"Vod, you need to be more careful about what you think." Rex teased, "Thinking your jedi General is hot doesn't always turn out well."

"It worked out with you and Ahsoka!" I retorted,

"WHAT! HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW?" He yelled over the comms,

"Just about every clone in the GAR knows you two are together. Also, to answer your question, Fives told us." I said,

"I'm going to kill that traitorous sheb. OW! AHSOKA! What? Oh dear, I cussed, what are you going to-" Rex's words were cut off as Ahsoka kicked his legs from under him and whacked him over the head.

"Have fun!" I said through the comms and turned it off before Rex's yells cracked my sound system.

Later...

Aayla pov:

I was meditating when suddenly my thoughts were interrupted when the door to the 'fresher opened, Bly stood there half dressed without his top half clothed.

Haar'chak he's ripped. Wait... I'm a Jedi! Curse whoever put me with this Commander!

"Sorry for interrupting you, General." Bly sounded apologetic, although I could sense that he was still uneasy with sharing his quarters with his Jedi General.

"You should get some sleep, General." Bly said,

"I'll be fine, and please, call me Aayla." I said softly.

Bly pov:

Aayla? 

I yawned and went to sleep against the wall to give Aayla some space if she decided to sleep.

Rex pov:

I leaned against Ahsoka, my head still pounding from the beating she gave me earlier.

"That will teach you not to cuss." Ahsoka said leaning in against me,

I winced and laid back on the semi-hard pillow, making my head hurt again.

Aaaand cut! What did you think? Comment and Vote and let me know what I should do next!