Palpatine's Plot/Battle for Coruscant

Bly pov:

I watched as speeders and large buildings whipped past our LAAT formation in a blur, the Coruscant skyline grew and disappeared as the Senate building loomed into view. I noticed Aayla was at the back of the LAAT and looked troubled so I shuffled my grip until I was standing next to her. "What's wrong? We know who the Sith Lord is, all we have to do is kill him." I gripped my DC-15 sniper and locked and reloaded for the tenth time to emphasize my point. Aayla shook her head. "I can't help but feel that this is going to end badly for some of us." I opened my mouth to reply, before Bandit interrupted me. "We're landing at the Senate building." I nodded and placed a hand on Aayla's shoulder. 

The LAAT doors opened and I walked out, Senate Guards saluting as I went. "All guards report to the parade grounds for inspection." Galle's voice came over the entire Senate building loudspeakers. "All 327th and 501st troopers to take guard positions." A trio of Senate guards rushed past me heading for the parade ground. I pointed to my squad to follow me to the Chancellor's office and they obeyed instantly seeking revenge.

I swept into the red luxury room to find the Chancellor and his Twi'lek assistant deep in conversation. "...Yes, Mustafar is the main base for the Separatists so I try and divert all of the Republic's attention to other sys-" Palpatine broke off abruptly as he saw the squad of troopers before him. 

"Sir! Sorry to interrupt, but the Senate guards are busy engaging a couple of troopers gone mad. We need to get you to your escape transport." I said saluting. Galle and Lucky made it look as if they were covering for the Chancellor to make the plan look convincing, going ahead and scouting the 'all clear'.

I led the way to the transport and messaged the awaiting LAAT's, ARC-170's and Z-95 Headhunters. "Take care of the Chancellor, he will need escorting." I said into the comlink looking at the panicking chancellor and his assistant. 

A Senate captain saluted the Chancellor and ran off to 'cover' the escape. A smoke detonator went off in the hangar and through the smoke I could see shots clanging into the escape craft, probably Lucky and Galle.

 I fell to the ground as If I was shot and gradually the blaster fire ceased as the escape craft lifted into the air and almost as soon as it was clear of the Senate building an entire Venator squadron worth of fighters and landing craft were firing on the little escape craft. The flash was so bright I could see it even with my eyes closed and I winced as the shockwave of so many munitions exploding washed over the Senate building. When I recovered from the shockwave I could see almost all of the windows and glass within a couple hundred meters was in bits and pieces.

A loud ragged cheer rose from the gathered clones. Justice had been served. All of our Brothers had been avenged. Now only Dooku and General Grievous remained. 

However, the cheers soon turned to shouts of dismay and confusion as what was clearly a Separatist battleship appeared out of hyper-space followed by the rest of the Separatist fleet. The Venators guarding the atmosphere took it upon themselves to fire on the battleship and the fleet almost immediately, the fighter squadrons that had killed Palpatine raced off to defend the motherships.

I got on the comlink to Bandit and ordered him to come and fetch us. Sure enough, within thirty seconds my own personal LAAT, the Lady Secura, was here to pick us up. The door opened and Aayla smiled down at me, holding out her hand. "Need a lift?" I smiled and took her hand, hauling myself up, the rest of my Squad following suit. 

As we drew closer to the battle zone I told Bandit to open fire on the escape pods and the hangar bay. No one was going to get off this battleship without help. We landed in the hangar, super B2's and B1's guarding the doors with a few roly's in the mix as well. They began firing on us and Aayla deflected their shots rights back at them with her lightsaber, blue flashing and slicing through her enemies. 

As we went up the elevator shaft to the control room the last thing I was expecting was to see an enraged Grievous smashing up all his guards. 

Aayla ignited her lightsaber and Grievous turned. "Jedi." The cyborg growled and shook off his cloak, igniting all of his lightsabers. "Wait." Dooku emerged from out of the shadows, igniting his own lightsaber. Blue, green and red all in the same place at once. Dooku circled around Aayla and Grievous moved with him, pinning Aayla in the center. Just a little more... Aayla kept turning so that Grievous was facing away from us, all his attention diverted to the Jedi in front of him. 

The blue female Twi'lek turned so that she was facing Dooku and me and my squad sprung into action, firing blaster bolts into Grievous's back and organs causing a enraged growl to spring from Grievous as he turned back to us. 

It was to be his last mistake as Aayla swung her blade right at the Cyborg's neck and stabbed downward into the body to make sure the organs and body could never be reconstructed again.

 Dooku gave an evil smile and opened the hatch to the escape pod but was not prepared for the rush or air into space and his lightsaber was sucked out of his grip and tossed into the never ending void of space. Aayla used the force to shut it off and the sucking stopped. Dooku was kneeling now clutching at his chest shocked.

"It's over Dooku, your master is dead, now Grievous is gone and the rest of the Separatists on Mustafar are soon to be dead. You've lost." Aayla said wielding her lightsaber at Dooku. Dooku was silent, knowing this to be true and instead pressed the button to the escape hatch once more, not resisting the pull into space. "You may have won! But you will never take me alive...." Dooku's dying shout preceded the awful sucking sound and incredible pull of the vacuum of space

Aayla braced herself against the wall, holding on with all of her strength and the force. "Shoot the control panel!" Aayla yelled. I aimed with careful precision, lest I hit my General and braced myself against the paneling that had held me and my squad so far. I pulled the trigger and the blaster bolt hit the control panel, closing it and stopping all other incidents. 

The ship was beginning to break up though, and as we entered the atmosphere two more Jedi arrived followed by an astromech droid. Anakin and Obi-Wan had arrived. I blacked out, holding Aayla who was still unconscious and limp from fatigue from holding herself from going into space. 

When I regained consciousness I could see Coruscant rushing up to meet us and Anakin giving orders to Obi-Wan. "It's gone. We don't have any thrust." Anakin looked at Obi-Wan and I could see that some quirky comeback was an order. "At least we still have half a ship, Anakin. At least be grateful for that." Outside I could see bits and pieces of debris that used to part of the mighty battleship the Invisible Hand falling away and burning in the atmosphere. 

Suddenly there was a jolt and a terrible screeching of metal and crunching of collapsing steel. I closed my eyes and hugged Aayla tight. "I love you." I whispered and braced myself for the impending smash into a large building that would inevitably cause our deaths. 

Instead all was silent for a moment. "Another happy landing." Obi-Wan said and I cracked open one eye. The landing strip at Coruscant was littered with rubble and a tower was half gone, but other than that there was nothing. We were safe. Safe on Coruscant. 

Galle tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to face him. "Um, Sir?" Galle coughed and pointed to my arms and I looked down to see Aayla was still in my arms. As I looked down into her exquisite face, I noticed that she was wounded. "Get her a medic Galle." I said never looking away from the Jedi that I would trust with my life. "Sir, Yes SIR!" Galle saluted and hurried off to find a medic. 

I slowly and carefully maneuvered my way through the wreckage of the Invisible Hand and eventually emerged into the bright harsh light of the surface of Coruscant. "The Clone Wars is finally over." Obi-Wan said startling me. I turned around to find Anakin and Obi-Wan standing just behind me. "Is Master Secura alright?" Anakin asked a hint of concern lacing his voice.

"I hope she will be. I hope she will be." I replied numbly as the Medical droid came and placed her on a stretcher. "Nothing a couple of days in the bacta tank won't fix...." THe words were buzzy and I zoned out before everything went black.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed, I WILL try to update soon. No promises.

Vote

Comment

Add to your Library or Follow me to get more updates straight to your notifications.