Interrogation and the 91st Recon Corps

Aayla pov:

I strode up towards Bly's quarters, saluting to the patrolling troopers as I went. Commander Bly. My most trusted officer. I was going to tear strips off of him for nearly dying while trying to rescue Adi Gallia and Stass Allie. I pushed open the door to Bly's quarters with a thud. Bly gulped and I saw Lieutenant Galle standing nervously in the corner. Both troopers saluted me. "Out. Now." I pointed to the door and Galle slowly removed his hand from his salute, looking at Bly, before picking up his helmet and walking slowly towards the door, reluctant to leave Bly to my wrath. Jedi weren't supposed to be angry and  negative, but I was mad as The Zillo beast itself.

"Bly." I began quietly and the subject in question looked at me apprehensively. "You have a lot of explaining to do. Why did you shoot Commander Neyo?" Bly looked at me shocked, "You think I did that out of malice? He was in pain, HE ASKED ME, to shoot him to get him out of his misery. He wanted to go out fighting, not with a bacta patch on his breastplate. He knew he was dying. Cynical to the end, he wanted me to make sure that one of his scout troopers was properly punished for breaking through the enemy lines without permission." I stared at Bly uncomprehendingly. Bly sighed and rolled his eyes, "He essentially transferred command of what's left of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps to me." I felt myself calming down, my Twi'lek accent calming down to something more understandable. 

"So we now have two clone units on board the Venator's?" I asked a note of curiosity creeping into my voice. "Well, yes. Unfortunately your 'new' room has been reserved for the extra clone troopers we picked up in the other LAAT's." Bly paused and took a deep breath. "The 91st Recon Corps only has about forty clones left, thanks to Neyo's wasteful tactics and the sheer number of droids that overwhelmed their most prominent tactical position."

"What's the main vehicle of choice for these recon troopers, because I need to get more of those vehicles for them." I said picking up my holo-tablet. Bly shrugged his shoulders and I rolled my eyes. I opened the door and stepped  out, before motioning to Bly to follow me.

Bly pov:

I shrugged my shoulders and Aayla rolled her eyes, tossing her lekku to one side and stepping out of the door, picking up her holo-tablet as she went. Aayla paused and turned to look at me before impatiently motioning me to follow her. I got up, putting on my helmet as I went. "Where are the survivors?" Aayla asked, still walking as I caught up, Galle shadowing me to make sure I was alright.

"They're in the mess room, just getting cleaned up and a disgusting meal of protein cubes, because they have no flavour." I said in disgust, recalling the horrible squeaky sound it makes when you bite down on it, and the bland taste. Aayla smiled half-heartedly, "They're not too bad, but there's nothing like a good old homemade roast." Aayla said wistfully. I opened the door to the mess room and the gathered troopers looked up, before standing and saluting. 

"General Secura, and Commander Bly. To what do we owe the pleasure?" A clone asked, putting on his recon helmet. "What's your rank and name?" I asked curiously. "Lieutenant Stealthy, Sir." Stealthy answered smartly saluting. "Never mind this 'Sir' business, so long as you can fight and have some common sense you'll do." I said brusquely, "Now, more to the point, what sort of vehicles do you require for your work, because my general here," I gestured to Aayla, "wants to know so she can organize that for you after your leave." I finished. Stealthy looked a little taken aback at this, "Sir?" he asked a note of puzzlement in his voice. Stealthy looked exhausted even now as our medic, Sid, was finishing his check-up on Stealthy. 

"Your leave...?" I asked Stealthy, "You're entitled to leave on Coruscant every three to six weeks for one week rest, or two, depending on how long you're in service on the front line." Stealthy looked at me uncomprehendingly. "We've never gotten leave before now, Commander Neyo was always on the go, we have never had a break since the first battle on Geonosis." I stared at him in shock and Stealthy simply shrugged. "We all just did our duty to the Republic. That's all. Now, if you'll excuse me General, this fine medic here wants me to sit down for something." Stealthy sat down and Sid began to wrap a bacta patch onto his wrist and Stealthy hissed as he realized it still hurt there. 

"We mainly use BARC speeders and a few AT-RT's for when we need more than just two blasters on the side of a speeder." Stealthy finally answered after Sid was finished. "I haven't taken a headcount yet, but BARC speeders for the entire battalion plus about ten extra AT-RT's."

Aayla made a note on her holo-pad. Rex and Ahsoka came through the door, carrying what appeared to be another 91st trooper on a stretcher. Stealthy let out a choked cry and stumbled toward the prone figure on the stretcher. "Avenge me, Stealthy, avenge..." Rex checked the troopers vitals and shook his head. "I will, brother, I will avenge you and the rest of my lost brothers." Stealthy bowed his head and placed the troopers helmet back on. 

"I will avenge my brothers. ALL of them."

A/N: Sorry about the long hiatus, but here it is at long last.

Comment you favorite part

Vote

Add to your Library to get future updates, and if you want more updates then this book, follow me. 😉