Chapter 8

*******
Day 3:
Sapna woke up early on Tuesday as she had to fast.
.....
"Sapna come down for breakfast!"cried Suman.

"No ma.. She won't be joining us on the table.."replied Wahida as she came down dressed in formals.

"Why..is she alright?" Suman questioned with a worried look on her face.

"Yep..I'm fine mum"answered the girl from behind with high cheekbones,"I'm fasting"and Suman smiled back.
"I saw you at 4:30 in the morning you were telling the rosary" claimed Sapna as her face brightened.

"Oh! That's an everyday affair!" Smiled back Suman.

And the two girls left soon...

~~~at the hotel~~~~

Today Wahida gave seminar on healthy habits. It all went well.

"Tomorrow we'll arrange for games like paper dance, musical chairs, treasure hunt and two more...and by the way you have lovely hair!"uttered a happy Wahida who wasn't paying heed to what Sapna was doing.

"Hmmm....yes you're right!"giggled Sapna who was scanning her phone and found out that she liked a guy named Umar. "thank you and this is yours!" As Sapna grinned after returning the phone.

"Noooooo......you can't do that!"as Wahida chased her!

"I'm sorry..i dunno any Mr. Umar!"shrieked Sapna who quickly entered the conference room and found Rahul standing at the rear end of the room.

"Rahul please ...help me!"said Sapna taking cover behind him.
Rahul looked at Sapna pulled her infront of him,so they both were face to face and bent quickly and kissed her softly on her cheek!

Wahida stood wherever she was puzzled at what was happening.

Electrifying wasn't the appropriate word to define what Sapna felt at that moment!

"Whhat waas thaatt??!"mumbled Sapna infuriated by his behaviour.

Wahida left the room. She wanted to leave them alone.

"Wait.. Wahida!!"shouted Sapna as she gave a quick glance at him.

"Sapna..stop there!" As Rahul quickly caught her by the arm.

He tightened his grip on her arm until she winced in pain.

"What is wrong with you! You're hurting me!" As Sapna started to cry.

"No it was you who was hurting me!" Corrected Rahul.

"And what do you mean by that?" said a bewildered Sapna.

"I read your personal diary" replied a confident Rahul and left her arm.

"What?!"whispered Sapna who was then staring at the floor in embarrassment and quickly looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm sorry this is yours..I shouldn't have read it"as Rahul lowered his voice cursing himself for being frank.

She grasped the book and bolted out.

~~~in the lobby~~~~
"I'm sorry Wahida"

"No it's alright!" Yanked Wahida. "And what's up with you and Rahul?" Said Wahida who wore a surprised look on her face.

"Do you like him?" As she held her arm to confront her. "Honestly..tell me!" When Sapna was looking away.

"I love her"answered Rahul from behind. "and I already know that she loves me" claimed Rahul.

Sapna was irritated by the confrontation, and she got rid of Wahida and quickly bolted out through the entrance and then out of sight.

"Look Rahul,could you explain what is happening between you both?" Shrugged a bewildered Wahida.

"Yesterday one of the staff guy handed me a diary which according to him was left in the banquet hall."as he pursed his lips "and when I opened the diary I saw all newspaper cuttings of me with my spoils" his lips twitched. "and that's not all she's mentioned in several places that she likes me! And how she felt when I passed by her in college!"as he now he felt for her.

"It's alright then! There's nothing to worry about,You like each other!"Wahida cheered him up. "i'll leave."

**********
(End of ch8)
[finally he kissed Sapna!]