Chapter 12

Day7:
~~~P.o.V of Sapna~~~

"I don't realise that this one week with you has finally come to an end"I remarked gazing at the floor.

"Yeah, the days flew so fast!"sighed Wahida.

"And finally I'm done with packing"i said when I heard a gasp from Wahida when she saw the small greeting card!

"Oh my! Rahul gave you such a pretty gift!"exclaimed Wahida when I showed her the ring.

"My train is at 8:00pm today"I said standing up I moved closer to Wahida and hugged her.

~~~at the hotel~~~

I saw Rahul talking to Mr. Raj Mohan, and then he shook hands with him.

Finally the internship had come to an end.

I kept telling myself that I needed to stay away from Rahul. It wasn't easy for me but I had to like a good Indian girl! My heart sank when I tried not to focus on the spiky hair guy at the banquet hall.

All I did was look at him from the corner of my eyes. God!he was looking at me. I closed my eyes trying to concentrate on something else. My mind wasn't willing it was shouting- Sapna look at your guy! He's just there! Your lover boy!

I tried to divert my mind when Wahida spoke "okay kids line up in height order!" And I beckoned the kids to come to me and I positioned them for the ultimate snap.

"Something is missing!"claimed the photographer.

"Maybe it's me!"smiled Rahul when he approached us and stood beside me.

Each one had a copy of this quick snap. I was feeling bad to part from the kids. Some kids were moved to tears.

As I consoled them and cheered them up Rahul whispered,"aren't you gonna miss me?"
Aren't you gonna miss him? I asked myself. When I took a moment to think about it "we are all gonna part today. But let's keep in touch via Facebook and FaceTime!" As Wahida interrupted.

Rahul saw me wearing the platinum ring. And I saw him wearing a similar one too!whoa!so were we privately engaged?!my heart sang in merriment but at the same time my face shrunk at the thought of the qualities of a good Indian girl!she should be obedient to her family, get married and raise children inculcating them with good values. And this wasn't an easy job.

~~~at the lobby~~~~

As we left we had to sign on some register and we were given a bouquet each. And I saw Rahul picking out a red rose from one of them.

Wahida pulled me as the chauffeur had already come with the car at the entrance. While I was being pulled away by Wahida I looked over my shoulder to have a quick infact the last glimpse of Rahul.
"Sapna!wait!" As he called out for me pacing over to me. And I had to stop.

"This is for you" as he handed me a box of chocolates and the red rose. "I'll text you once I reach U.K."he said his voice breaking when he spoke.
He grabbed my hand and kissed it. And then I left. Without speaking a word to him.

Hours later..
I was then back home by 9!....after my brother Karthik picked me up at the Railway station...greeted by everyone at the Sharma House who wore a smile. Big smile.

****************
(End of ch12)
[A/N: I'm feeling sad that all the three had to part. :(
Keep reading for more...]