Chapter 17: Where the Wind Blows

The Northern Forest of Tob, two days before the Zuranon Disaster

Lupusregina Beta snarled again after hearing the small dryad's mission, but she reigned in her rampant emotions at the blatant disrespect to her masters at her aunt's request. She flicked her claws away and stood straight, boring holes into the tree spirit with her glare.

Ooh, you are so lucky, you little twig! It's a good thing Aunt Ankoro saw fit to let you live.

She steadied her breathing and let her hair return to a non-puffed state, clasping her hands to ease her rage. She stood off to the side to not only give Lords Blue Planet and Coup De Grace and Aunt Ankoro more room, but to remove herself from the situation in case she did something she knew she would regret.

The druid, calm and benevolent as always, continued the conversation as if nothing had happened.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Do you know what happened to her? When was the last time you saw her?"

Lupusregina's heart fluttered at how kind and nurturing the Supreme Being of Nature was, despite the breach in proper etiquette. It reminded her of her duty to serve each and every single one of the forty-one to the best of her abilities.

The rude Pinison shook from fearfulness, but she was significantly more pacified than before. "I saw her yesterday in the early evening near the community grove. She looked like she was in a hurry to go somewhere. She was smiling then, so I wasn't too worried."

The younger canine observed Lord Blue Planet nodding his head. "Okay, so what changed to make you worry? Do you have an idea of where she could've gone?"

"Well, I can probably think of a few ideas. She most likely went to go see her graftmate Svend in their usual spot. I only got worried when she didn't show back up this morning. She's usually in the community grove by dawn."

"So you know she left sometime last night, but you're worried because she didn't show back up when she usually does. Who's Svend and what's a graftmate?"

The smaller dryad looked away, rubbing her right arm in a bashful manner. She giggled like some school girl straight out of a First World "anime", if Lupusregina was using the term correctly.

"Well...we don't usually have a lot of boy dryads, so sometimes we have to look to 'other' sources in order to continue our family lineage. So far as we know, humans have proven to be the most compatible."

The werewolf pleiade was already smirking, raunchy thoughts of all varieties flitting through her head at the implications that the tree spirit gave them. Her aunt had caught on, giving off a salacious grin to mirror her own.

Just goes to show how much me and my aunt are alike! All the better to make sure I serve her well and that I am the best niece possible!

She shook off those thoughts, turning to see what the reactions of her other masters would be like. Lord Blue Planet understood immediately, as expected, and winced as if pinched. Lord Coup De Grace kept an excellent stoic face, not betraying any emotion whatsoever.

He was one of the best hunters within Ainz Ooal Gown, who tracked his prey with a grace and poise so natural that she had no doubt that the predators of First World would be taking notes. She was not entirely sure where they would live, because of what Lord Blue Planet had said, but it was a question best saved for another time.

Her thoughts realigned with the present, crossing her arms as she softened her gaze towards the rude Pinison. Much like her, said dryad returned to her original objective.

"But that's not important," she practically shouted, waving her hands frantically "my sister left and still hasn't come back. It's already noon and Great Oak Naaru is gonna wonder where I've been! What am I gonna tell him?"