44

Andrew

"Get the fuck off him," Ethan growled and stalked forward to roughly yank Charlie back by his suit.

Falling to the carpeted floor like a rag doll, Charlie landed on his butt with a grunt. He glared up at Ethan as if he was challenging him to a duel, balling both of his fists as the towering guy bent down to his eye level.

"You finally grew a pair of balls," Charlie taunted with a snide smile.

"Oh, you're really asking for it, huh?" Ethan replied, grinding his teeth.

My blood ran cold once Ethan abruptly went to straddle Charlie and try to grab his neck with the intent to strangle him. Rushing to my feet, I struggled to break them apart by trying to pull his hands off the other's throat but I failed. To overpower a quarterback's strength was something impossible for a 125 pounds me to do.

"You want to fuck him, don't you?" Ethan snarled, glaring at Charlie's face becoming red from losing air.

"Let him go!"

In terror, Charlie's eyes shifted from Ethan to me, his mouth opened to say. "H-help."

"Answer me!" Ethan shouted at him, filling the room with his anger-fueled words.

"That's enough, Ethan." I hit and pushed his shoulder repeatedly in the hope he would snap out of his psychopathic state.

It was useless.

Ethan did not listen to me nor did he budge when Charlie threw some sloppy punches to his chest. It was like he was rabid or something, we couldn't get him under control. Charlie kept wiggling under him, gasping for air while trying to free himself. With each second that passed, I grew more panicked fearing that if no action was taken soon the situation could turn worse.

"Please," I pleaded, clutching tightly at the blazer Ethan was wearing. "This is just a misunderstanding."

For the first time in three minutes, he glanced at me, his eyes glassy and bloodshot. "I know what I saw."

"I swear if you don't let him go, I'll never see you or talk to you again," I told him seriously.

And with that, Ethan loosened his grip from Charlie's neck and backed away leaving the other guy to regain his ability to breathe. Charlie remained on the floor coughing and wheezing as he rubbed his reddened throat.

"You okay, Char?" I asked and he slowly nodded.

"Usually, I'm the one doing the choking," he joked between his coughs.

I looked over at Ethan, who was swaying on his feet. "You could've killed him."

"And you wouldn't like that, would you?" he slurred almost inaudible yet I could hear the venom in his tone.

I know Ethan did not just imply that I have a romantic interest in Charlie when he was the only guy I had ever wanted to be with. He already assumed I would fall for Charlie simply because we made out once.

We had only been planning for a date and if that ever happened I still had no idea where it would lead us. Whether we had a spark or not, I believed I wasn't in the wrong for wanting to move on in life.

Why would Ethan be angry since he was the one who screwed up his chances with me? And he had the nerve to show up here and attack Charlie?

I wasn't sure what he was even doing here when he was supposed to be celebrating his girlfriend's birthday on the terrace roof.

"You've made your choice," I answered which elicited a frown from him. "What else do you want from me?"

"No, I did not," he denied with a little head shake to prove his point.