17

Beautiful alternative book cover from the talented wildfiremockingjay
**

I wiped a hand down my face and groaned aloud the second the bathroom door was shut. Never in my life did I once think that one day I would feel anxious around Ethan. Especially now when he is one of the people I should be most comfortable with.

After about five minutes, the shower sound stopped, indicating Ethan was done and very soon the door flung open to reveal him in a towel sparking my nervousness to come back.

Glistening water droplets covered his nice tanned skin with strands of his hair sticking out of place and the little line of chest hair between his pecs made me wonder if the green-eyed brunette was even a real.

I'd been laying on my back, on his bed just when Ethan crawled over me and settled between my open thighs. Was it just me or did he has been doing all sorts of peculiar things ever since I walk into the room?

Taken aback a little, I shot my head up and leaned up on my elbows. "What do you think you're doing?"

He chuckled softly, a sly grin covering his face and what caused me to choke on my saliva was the second he dropped himself on top of me. Yeah, you read that right. The two hundred pounds of a man child has caged me with the mass of his body.

"You're killing me with your weight." I made an effort to push him off except he was way too heavy.

"If me being on top hurts you, we can try another position," Ethan suggested with an amused tone.

"You know Ethan, if I hadn't known you long enough, I would've assumed you weren't straight," I commented.

He just laughed it off and snuggled his head on my chest whereas I was still struggling with his weight to get myself up.

"Can you stop moving so much? I wanna take some power nap for my game."

"Sure, but can you not do that when I'm under you?" I argued through a grimace.

"No," his response was quick. "You're better suited to be under."

Ethan slid his arms beneath my body and hugged me close before I could complain more. Feeling warmed by his heavenly body heat, I gave in to his nonsensical request and fell back on the bed quietly.

I knew for a fact that he's a bit bothered I had to spend my weekend at my grandma's and miss his play. I was hoping my parents would let me stay home alone too but that was like wishing for the sun to freeze.

All the thanks to Olivia for trying to make French toast and almost burning our house down when Mom and Dad were away.

Unable to resist myself, I brushed back his damp locks of hair that had fallen over his forehead. In my opinion, he looked hotter when his hair was styled and pushed back.

"I'm sorry I can't make it tonight," I said.

"No, it's fine," he replied. "I completely understand."

"But I'll sure to call you before and after the game," I promised him.

Looking up at me, Ethan smiled widely. "Right, I better get your good luck wish and congratulations."

"Cocky." I snorted out a laugh and gently rubbed the back of his head, wanting to lull him to sleep.

"You know, if our school wins, which is obviously gonna happen, everybody's gonna celebrate with a massive bonfire at the beach," he told me in a sleepy voice, his cheek now rested on my chest again.

"Sounds like there will be a lot of fun and sweaty drunk people," I joked, not interested in going anyway.

He hummed in agreement as a yawn escaped him. "It's a shame you won't be there. Free beers and plenty of girls to hook up with."

I blew out a loud chuckle. "Please, none of that interest me at all. Girls don't pay attention to me. I think I may as well finish off high school as a virgin."

Ethan shot his face up, wearing a serious expression. "I thought we already had this conversation, Andy. I hate it when you put yourself down like that."

"Sorry, the truth has to be told," I responded with a shrug.

I couldn't tell what had gotten into him when he suddenly got up and hovered over to straddle me. Both of his hands pressed into the bed on either side of my head, pinning me down as his sharp eyes boring into mine. My heart was speeding and my cheeks heated up being the bottom in this position.

Gazing at his face from down here while he trapped me between his strong arms got me completely entranced. A cross necklace dangled down from his neck swaying in my face. If anything, it added to his overflowing sexy charms.

"There's at least one person in this world who's dying to fuck you." Ethan's voice dipped into a whisper.

I thought my heart has stopped pumping.

We were locked in a trance-like stare for a few seconds. I wouldn't lie, his remark did stir up curiosity along with a little bit of confusion inside me. What did he actually mean by that?

After recovering from the shock, I smiled up at him. "You don't have to be nice all the time. I already know I won't even get a kiss in my entire life."

My comment was left unentertained when Ethan brought his face down and caught my lips with his own. His eyes closed as he took my lower lip between his teeth, sucking it lightly before he pulled away.

It was a brief kiss and yet, somehow, it had me dazed and confused. I had no idea what he was thinking or what he thought I was implying him to do. But I swear on my life I never hint him to put his mouth on mine.

Too deep in my own reverie, I didn't even realize he already had climbed off the bed and wandered towards his dresser.

"You hungry?" Ethan asked calmly, putting on a sweatpants he found. "I'm going to be making some ground pork patties with eggs and cheese."

"Ethan, you kissed me," I voiced my shock.

"Mhm, relax. It's a little kiss to a friend," he replied before throwing on a shirt.

"Right on the lips?" I asked back, bewildered.

"Come on. I'm starving," Ethan invited me with him and exited his room, not giving me a chance to ask any more questions.

I was blinking like a fool. "I can't believe he just stole my lipginity," I muttered and followed suit.