8

I blinked rapidly, trying to fully process that those words really came out of his mouth seconds ago. This felt so weird. Surreal even, considering never in my life have I thought he would want to be associated with me, let alone offer me a ride. Still, I couldn't help but wonder what if this was one of his tricks to bully me again.

"Is that your Wednesday morning joke or did you fall and hit your head?" I mocked him.

Kaleb narrowed his eyes and his lips turned up into a smile. "You're actually quite funny, aren't you? I'm surprised."

"I'm more surprised you can't differentiate humor and sarcasm," I pointed out harshly, not giving one single care that the people around could hear me.

Kaleb clenched his jaw and shot me a warning glare. "Consider me flattered by your savagery, now tone it down. I know I'm being nice but it doesn't mean you get to step on me," he growled.

The terrifying, seething, hot rage hidden behind his blue eyes was back and I knew better than to upset him more at this moment. Besides, I had no intention of making my face his punching bag to work out the possible childhood trauma he may have.

A little nervous laugh left me as I said, "Sorry, I've been saving it for a long time."

Kaleb rolled his eyes. "Ethan has to stop driving you everywhere. You need to come up with a believable excuse to prevent him," he ordered while looking behind me.

I turned around to catch a glimpse of my best friend sitting on a desk chair at the back of the classroom, holding Elle on his lap, the two were having a lively chat with Steve and Kaden, both were perched casually on a table separately, facing the couple. They all appeared to be happier without me.

Kaleb snapped his fingers, loudly, and I flinched. "What's with the glum face? Cheer up, Andy. Aren't you glad that Ethan will think that we're friends?"

"We are not friends, we just know each other," I answered back.

Kaleb chuckled a bit. "I'll see you tomorrow morning."

With that, he got up from the chair and I watched him sauntering off to meet his other friends. Kaleb received a warm welcome from the boys when he joined them, especially from Kaden. He behaved like a little kid seeing his dad came home from the military.

"Look who got out of my bed on time for school!" Kaden exclaimed to which he brought all of our attention directed to the door.

Gasps erupted in the room as Lana stood in the doorway with her jaw slacked open and her eyes nearly rolled out of her head. The gasps eventually grew into cries of shock when her boyfriend abruptly rose from his seat, darting his eyes between Lana and Kaden.

"You cheated on me again?" he yelled at her before he charged toward the door, carrying his backpack with him.

"JP, wait!" Lana tried to block him from going out but it was pointless as he pushed her aside and stormed out of the place in a pained rage.

She immediately sent Kaden a death glare. "Fuck you, Kaden!"

"I think you already did last night. Many times actually," Kaden casually answered her with a cheeky smile.

The room broke into laughs at his comeback and Lana seemed like she might combust in shame. She quickly spun around, bumping shoulders with Mrs.Montez, our Spanish teacher on her way out, leaving the poor woman in total confusion.

Could this day get any more crazier?