Chapter Two - Vivid Dreams

"Shut it down!" Steve yelled at Tony, glaring at the impulsive billionaire.

"Nope, not gonna happen," Tony shrugged with crossed arms and pursed lips.

"You don't know what you're doing," Adrienne spoke up, standing behind the twins.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce said defensively, taking a few steps toward the twins and Adrienne.

"I know you're angry," Wanda spoke up, attempting to take a few steps forward, but Adrienne held her back firmly.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade," Bruce said casually with a scoff, making Adrienne walk forward.

"What makes you think that I won't do the same to you," They commented darkly, making everyone look at Bruce and Adrienne.

"I get that you wanna protect, uh, the psycho twins but-," Bruce barely got out the rest of his sentence before Adrienne picked him up with ease and shoved him against the wall behind the shorter man.

"Wanna try that again?" Adrienne raised their eyebrow, making Wanda purse her lips.

"Adrienne...put him down. His anger is justifiable," Wanda said softly, putting her hand on Adrienne's arm.

They continued to glare at the man as green slowly trailed up his neck.

Wanda put her hand on their face, making them look at her.

"Put him down," She commanded softly and, with hesitance, Adrienne did.

"If you ever think about putting your hands on her, it won't end well for you," Adrienne backed off, beginning to walk out the room.

"What makes you so sure about that, hm?" Bruce challenged, leaning against the wall to catch his breath.

"Hulk won't be able to protect you from me."

Adrienne jolted awake, sweat covering them.

'What the hell was that?'

They thought as their mind had run wild.

Sighing, they laid back down and just looked up at the ceiling before turning onto their side, attempting to go back to sleep.

But as soon as their mind started to turn off, their alarm went off making them groan, slapping their bedside table for their phone.

'8:40am' (April 18th)

Snooze

Stop

Adrienne sighed as they got up from their bed, walking into their bathroom to take care of their business and get dressed.

Once they did everything that they needed to do, it was about 9:20am.

They walked to their kitchen and quickly made some French toast, eating both of the pieces that they made before leaving their house in a bit of a rush.

They got in their car and drove to their therapists' office, quickly running inside.

"She's ready for you," The receptionist said before Adrienne could get a word out.

"This is why you're my favorite, Lia," Adrienne smiled at the woman, who was about their age, on their way to their therapist's office.

"You're early," Adrienne's therapist, Helea said, pouring tea into another mug.

"Yeah, I uh- thank you," Adrienne interrupted themselves to thank Helea after she handed them their usual cup of tea.

"Now, what were you saying?" Helea asked, sitting down in her comfortable seat.