Chapter Three - The Woods

Adrienne cautiously searched the woods for their therapist, clenching their jaw when they heard the occasional howl or chirp.

"Adrienne," They heard their name get called from a familiar voice, making them jump.

Adrienne looked down at the shorter woman as she adjusted her coat.

"Come on," She motioned for them to follow her and they did with mild caution.

Helea made her way over to a deep cave, walking inside with Adrienne behind her.

"How'd you find this?" Adrienne asked, grazing their fingers against the cave wall but instantly retracted them once they felt a burning sensation.

"Shit," They held their tingling fingers in their opposite hand.

"Don't touch anything," Helea spoke up, lighting candles around a carved symbol.

"The hell is that?" Adrienne asked, pointing to the symbol, their eyes growing a defensive streak.

"Just trust me-,"

"Are you trying to do some Devil worshiper type shit? 'Cause I'm not participating,'' Adrienne said, turning around, but Helea quickly appeared in front of them, making them jump, seeing as the woman appeared out of thin air.

"If I tell you the truth... will you trust me?"

"What could you possibly tell me to make me trust you?"

"Do you believe in magic?" Helea asked as Adrienne backed up, their fingertips just barely grazing the surface of the rock near them, though the hard surface just burned them.

"Magic isn't real-,"

"You wouldn't have said that years ago," Helea stopped walking.

"The fuck are you talking about, hm?"

"Will you let me explain now?"

Adrienne looked around the cave before looking back to Helea with defensive eyes.

"Fine..."

Helea took a deep breath, found a large rock nearby, and sat on it.

"These dreams you are having..." Helea trailed off, looking at the symbol in the middle of the floor, "Are not nightmares of your imagination but visions of a future reality that could take place," Helea explained.

"Future reality? What future reality-?"

"You are not from this reality, Adrienne," Helea cut off abruptly, standing up.

"I- Wh-," Adrienne stammered, shaking their head at the absurd comment. "That's not possible. I've been here my entire life-,"

"That is a lie-,"

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about-,"

"I know everything," Helea shrugged, pacing the room slowly, "I wouldn't lie to you."

Adrienne stared in silence at the pacing woman, clenching their jaw.

"I am your great-grandmother after all," Helea revealed softly, her pacing coming to a stop.

Adrienne furrowed their eyebrows, "You're not my goddamn-,"

Adrienne was cut off by a tendril of light hitting their heart, making them fall to their knees.

Adrienne clenched their fist, sitting on a slightly cushioned bed, tears pooling in their eyes.

"Δεν μπορώ να πολεμήσω πια (I can't fight anymore)," They whispered, standing up, and walking outside.