Chapter Thirteen - Drinks and Missions

"You can open your eyes now," Adrienne teased, tapping Natasha's lower back, as they flew through the sky.

Natasha peeked at Adrienne with one eye before opening both of her eyes, glancing at the city below them.

"I thought we were gonna die... fucking asshole," Natasha hit their back, making them laugh.

"Dying's not really my thing," They said, flying past a skyscraper, turning around so that they were flying onto their back.

"Oh shit," Natasha gripped their shirt as her legs were dangling while she sat on their flying body.

"Just trust me," Adrienne said, a portal appearing in their flight path.

"Oh shit-," Natasha mumbled as they both flew through the portal.

"Aw shit," Natasha groaned, feeling extremely hot for a moment, getting the sudden urge to just strip naked.

"As much as I love seeing you naked, this is definitely not the time nor place to do so," Adrienne said, descending to the ground, Natasha still in their arms.

"How'd you-?"

"Your thoughts were too loud," They shrugged, grabbing the woman's hand, and dragging her towards a castle.

Natasha looked around as Adrienne pulled her, spotting many creatures from demons to people who were content while doing everyday things while certain parts of their body were translucent.

She looked up to the sky to see that it wasn't a dark blue, like it would be on Earth, but a dark red color, similar to that of blood.

Every person that she locked eyes with gave her a nod or a gentle smile.

Dog-like creatures circled around the two, making Adrienne stop in their tracks.

"Hi, lovelies," They whispered, scratching under the dogs' ears, kissing their heads.

"Are those hellhounds?" Natasha asked, biting her tongue to stop herself from screaming.

"Yeah, don't worry, they won't steal your soul... unless I tell them to, of course."

Natasha pushed their face away, glaring at them, while they just grinned at her.

"I'll see you all later, alright?" Adrienne whispered to the fiery creatures before they continued to run through the streets of the Underworld.

"Where are we exactly?" Natasha took their hand, following after them as they walked up a large staircase.

"We are in the 9th circle of hell, basically," They shrugged nonchalantly, making it up to the top step.

"9?"

"Limbo, Lust, Gluttony, Avarice and Prodigality, Wrath & Sullenness, Heresy, Violence, Fraud, and Treachery... don't ask," They listed, opening a door that led inside the castle.

"So we're in Treachery, I'm assuming?"

"Your assumption is correct," They said, before feeling a strong gust of energy appear behind them.

They quickly turned around to find the perpetrator of the energy, smiling at them.

"Grandma," They walked over to the woman and hugged her tightly.

"Oh, sweetheart," Gaia, also known as Mother Earth, whispered, kissing their temple.

"You've been gone for so long... what happened?"

"Father happened..." They trailed off.

"What did he-..." Gaia started, but cut herself off, spotting Natasha behind them.