Chapter Ten - Friendly Motivation

July 25th...

Natasha, about six days ago, had given Adrienne the decision on moving into the compound or not.

They had their reasons not to, but Natasha gave them a week, so they had time to think about it.

Moving into the tower would consist of being around people 24/7, loud noises, and possible constant annoyances, however, it could also consist of building trust with the team, being closer to Natasha, a large training area, and people that may understand them a bit better.

Pacing their bedroom, their phone had begun to ring. They quickly accepted the call and put their phone up to their ear.

"Have you decided yet?"

"There are a lot of pros and cons to moving in, and being around loud noises is really making me wanna not move in," They said playfully, and they could almost hear Natasha roll her eyes with that smirk of hers.

"Please," The redhead dragged out, "We would have lots of fun and sleepovers and shit," Natasha mindlessly twirled loose fabric from her shirt around her index finger.

"Natasha-,"

"Best friend code," Natasha interrupted.

"Best friend code? What the hell is that?"

"You can't back out-,"

"Says who-?"

"Says me. Just now. You can't back out because I am your best friend, and you love me, and I'll be very sad," Natasha said in a teasing tone, jutting out her lip.

Adrienne hummed dramatically, "Well, we can't have Natasha Romanoff crying, now can we?"

"Nope," Natasha responded, popping the p.

"...fine. But if Tony gets anywhere near me, then I'm leaving."

"...he owns the tower."

"It's not hard for me to avoid people, whether I live with them or not. It's a skill of mine. I call it isolating and ignoring, you should try it," Adrienne explained jokingly and Natasha scoffed playfully.

"God, I hate you so much."

"You love me."

"Just a lil bit."

•••

July 26th...

Next day...

Adrienne jolted awake at the sound of furniture being moved and murmuring.

They quickly got up from their bed and yanked their door open.

"What the hell-?" They looked at the people taking their things.

"We're transporting your stuff to the tower, calm down, big guy," Natasha spoke up, placing her hand on their bicep.

"Couldn't have given me a heads-up?" Adrienne asked, looking down to their naked torso and boxers.

"Oh, this was just for me," Natasha teased with a wink, poking their stomach.

"God, I hate you," Adrienne shook their head, fully turning to the woman.

"You love me," She denied.

"Ugh," Natasha heard a familiar groan.

"Tony... what a lovely surprise," Natasha said, giving Adrienne a glare that silently demanded that they be nice.

"Tony Stark..." Adrienne said lowly.

"Lab Experiment," He retorted.

"Manipulator, terrorist, killer, will do anything for personal gain... need I say more?" Adrienne looked him up and down before walking closer to him.

"And don't forget," They started, tapping his arc reactor, "You're not too far from an experiment yourself-,"

"Both of you, stop it," Natasha glared at the two, annoyance was more than evident on her face. "You're both acting like children. We're supposed to be a team, whether you like it or not," Natasha said sternly, making Tony shrink back slightly, a scowl still on his face.

Adrienne glanced down at the woman before turning around and walking to their room, slamming their door shut, and face planting onto their bed.

"Go home, Tony," Adrienne heard from the other side of the door before footsteps began receding and then the slam of a door resonated throughout the apartment's walls.

Natasha pushed Adrienne's door open before slamming it behind her.

"I told you to be nice," Natasha gritted, turning Adrienne onto their back.

"You're not my mother, stop acting like it," They rolled their eyes.

"Adrienne, we're a team now. You, yourself, agreed to be an Avenger," Natasha reminded, "Now, please, just be nice."

"It was either I join the Avengers or go to a jail that I could easily break away from... I didn't have much of a choice," They sat up.

Natasha sighed deeply.

"How can I convince you to be nice?"

"You can't convince me to be nice to that jackass," They stood up, walking into their bathroom.

Natasha was right behind them.

Adrienne turned around to face the woman with an irritated look. "Now can you please get out? I have a shower to take."

Natasha looked at their tattooed chest before looking into their eyes.

"Adrienne..."

"Don't try to seduce me, it won't work," They said, turning around, bending over to turn the shower on.

Natasha ignored their statement and continued to strip naked.

She walked backwards, not taking her eyes away from Adrienne's back and opened the door before closing it, making Adrienne assume that she left the room, though she didn't.

Adrienne took their boxers off before jumping in the shower.

Natasha followed after them, after a few silent moments, and stood in the shower.

Adrienne had their hands against the wall that the shower head was on, letting the water run over their head.

"Cute butt," Natasha spoke, and Adrienne turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"Thought I told you to leave," They tilted their head, crossing their arms over their wet chest.

"Needed a shower," Natasha said smoothly, shrugging her shoulders. "Might as well save water, right?" She looked at them with a gentle smirk.

"Hm," Adrienne hummed, unconvinced.

Natasha walked closer to them, holding their hips, and switching their positions so that she was now under the water.

Natasha moaned at the warm water, tilting her head back, and running her fingers through her hair.

Adrienne looked at the woman, their eyes in slits.

"Natasha..."

"What? I'm not seducing you," The woman said, turning around to face the shower head.

"That is..." She turned her head to look over her shoulder, "If it's working."

"We said that this was over-,"

"It is over. Just some... friendly motivation. No strings attached."

Adrienne leaned against the shower wall next to them.

"You're a terrible influence on me."