Chapter Four - First Day Back

May 1st...

Adrienne woke up abruptly, feeling a hot sensation fill their body, and their heart beat out of their chest.

They looked around, glancing at all the items in the unfamiliar yet familiar place.

"Khaos..." Adrienne called out, sitting up in the bed that they were in.

'Yes, Adrienne?'

Adrienne let out a deep breath of relief, knowing that Khaos is still in their mind.

"Where am I?"

'You are in your apartment. You brought it after the events of S.H.I.E.L.D getting destroyed.'

"So all that's happened was-?" Adrienne began, but was cut off as a surge of strong energy entered their mind.

They let out a blood-curdling scream as they held onto their brain.

This went on for a while before they moved into a fetal position, holding their knees close to them.

'Are you alright?'

Adrienne stood up from their bed with a whimper, searching the apartment for a bathroom.

'Adrienne...?'

They spoke nothing as they stumbled into the bathroom, splashing on their face before staring at themselves in the mirror.

They stopped, standing up straight at the sight of their cybernetic left arm.

They rotated their arm, looking at themselves in the mirror once more before deciding to go back into their room.

They stood in front of a conveniently placed body mirror and took off their shirt and pants, analyzing every part of their body.

Their body was littered with tattoos.

They looked at the tattoo on their right shoulder.

'That is your-,"

"Mother...Rhea," Adrienne grunted, looking down to their right thigh.

'That is your soulmate. One of the strongest beings in the Universe. The Scarlet Witch.'

"You told me in a dream to get the markings of the Scarlet Witch on my body... to show that I was hers and only hers and that she will be my one and only one day... that I needed to awaken her," Adrienne said, their mind growing fuzzy.

'You-,'

"Remember...? Yeah... I remember everything now," Adrienne looked at the ground, feeling the pain and anguish of their supposed past cloud their mind as they walked back to their bathroom.

"I want to kill him," They murmured, looking into the mirror. "He has attempted to destroy my empire, my life, and more. He will pay."

Adrienne clenched their jaw, feeling a familiar sense of anger fill them.

"I wanna kill him," They spoke numbly, gripping the sink counter, accidentally breaking it with the force they applied to it.

They couldn't help but look at their hands, furrowing their eyebrows at their newfound strength.

'Now repair it.'

Adrienne looked at the destroyed counter before waving their hand over it, their crimson red tendrils of magic repairing the counter before their eyes.

They had begun to breathe heavily at the sight, not believing for one second that they had powers, but they truly did.

"What else is on my list of things to do while I'm here?"