Chapter Twelve - Falling

Few hours later...Dinner

After Adrienne's small bonding experience with Steve, they traveled around the Compound in a good mood.

They went up and down floors, greeted some workers they passed along the way with a gentle, and sometimes awkward smile.

This all lasted up until dinner.

Steve had called the team and everyone immediately went to the man.

He wasn't the best or worst cooker, but everyone knew that he could make a damn good spaghetti.

Most were pushing others while the rest were conversing casually.

Adrienne, on the other hand, was in their room, waiting for everyone to get their dinner first and leave before they would get their dinner and eat solemnly in the kitchen, alone and in the dark.

"Where's Adrienne?" Steve looked around the table, spotting an empty seat.

"Adrienne is in their room, Mr. Rogers," JARVIS spoke up and Steve sighed.

"Can you please call them down?"

The AI remained silent for a while.

"They said that they didn't want to intrude."

"Good choice," Tony shrugged, continuing to eat his food.

"Tony," Natasha and Steve gritted out.

"What? I'm not having that killer at my damn table-,"

"Am I considered one too many?" Adrienne spoke up, glaring at the billionaire.

"You've killed millions and put even more in danger. Don't you remember the bombs that you sent to Sokovia back in '99? Or how about you put, uh, what's her name? Pepper in danger? I remember seeing that on the news, y'know," Adrienne continued, going over to get their food. "Don't pick a fight that you can't win, Stark. There's nothing that you've accomplished that I haven't a billion ye-... times before and there's nothing that you can say that'll damage me," They quickly caught themselves, shaking their head at their close call.

Tony stayed silent.

"Is that a threat, Adrienne?"

"Y'know what they say... fuck around and find out," They shrugged, glaring at the man one more time before leaving the room, and going back up to their own room.

Steve glared at the man before standing up, but Natasha stopped him, standing up instead.

"You're a real jackass," She murmured to Tony, following Adrienne.

She quickly made her way up to their room to see them eating on their bed, watching a random movie.

"You should be eating," They said, glancing at the woman, before looking down to their spaghetti, and eating some more.

"I already finished anyway... but you'll always be more important," Natasha closed their door behind her, crawling onto their bed, sitting next to them, and laying her head on their shoulder.

"He's a jackass, y'know?" Natasha spoke up after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, I know," Adrienne said, quickly eating the rest of their food before putting their plate onto their bedside table.

"Can I ask you a question?" Natasha queried.

"You just did," Adrienne teased, making Natasha nudge them.

"Serious."

"Alright... fine."

"When you were talking back there... you were talking about how you've done more than Tony ever has..."

"What are you trying to get at here?"

"You were going to say a billion years, but you stopped yourself... why?" Natasha took her head off of their shoulder and looked at them with curious eyes.

'Do you want to tell her?'

'I'm not sure...' Adrienne responded mentally, clenching their jaw.

"I just... misspoke. That's all..." Adrienne mumbled, glancing away from Natasha.

"Bullshit. What are you trying to hide-,"

"I'm not hiding anything, I'm just... trying to protect you, Natasha," Adrienne said, sitting up, which made Natasha do the same.

"Who are you really?" Natasha said, getting defensive.

Adrienne sighed, grabbing Natasha's hands, looking into her eyes.

"There's a lot that I haven't told you about my past...and that includes how I ended up in HYDRA and why. I'll tell you that eventually, but-,"

"Adrienne...you're rambling," Natasha whispered.

"Sorry," They said softly, clearing their throat a second after. "But um...I'm Hades," They said, looking at Natasha, waiting for a reaction.

"Is that like your stripper name-?"

"No," Adrienne quickly interrupted, "The Greek God," They rephrased.

Natasha looked at them with a blank face before she burst into laughter.

"Why are you laughing?"

"You could've told me that you were on psychedelics and scrambling for words-,"

"I'm not on psychs, Natasha-,"

"You really thought that I would believe this bullshit?" Natasha stood up, walking to Adrienne's bedroom, but they quickly grabbed her arm, pulling her back.

"Let me show you," They whispered, holding her waist in their hands.

Natasha turned around in their arms.

"Please?" Adrienne asked softly, tilting their head, with a bottom lip jutted out.

"Fuck you and your fucking-," Natasha cut herself off by aggressively motioning to Adrienne's face.

"Glad that you find me and my fucking-," Adrienne motioned to their face the same way that Natasha did, making the redhead roll her eyes, "Attractive, but will you go with me?"

Natasha bit her tongue, "Fine."

"Perfect," Adrienne responded, quickly opening their bedroom door, and dragging Natasha over to the nearest elevator, pressing the top floor.

"What the-," Natasha started before Adrienne silenced her by putting a finger over her lips.

She glared at them and bit their finger, making them retract it.

"Harsh," They mumbled, walking out the elevator, Natasha hot on their tail.

"Where the hell are we going?" Natasha asked, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Trust me, would you?" Adrienne said, holding their hand out. Natasha looked to their hand, putting hers in theirs.

"Fine," She mumbled, moving closer to them.

Adrienne lifted the woman up, wrapping her legs around their waist.

"Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," The redhead mumbled as Adrienne held her up with one hand.

Adrienne stepped back about 10 steps from their original spot and began running towards the edge of the building.

"Woah, woah, woah," Natasha yelled into their ear, clinging onto their shirt for dear life.

"Holy shit."

And with those final words, Adrienne pushed off of the building edge, falling down with Natasha in their arms.